Halim Rane is an Australian academic and associate professor at Griffith University who specializes in Islamic Studies. In 2015 he was named "Australian University Teacher of the Year" by the Australian Department of Education and Training. Prior to entering academia, Rane worked in the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Rane has a master's degree in media studies and a bachelor's degree in sociology from the International Islamic University Malaysia, and received his PhD in international relations from Griffith University. He is the author or co-author of several books including Islam and the Australian News Media (Melbourne University Press), Reconstructing Jihad Amid Competing International Norms (Palgrave Macmillan), and Media Framing of the Muslim World (Palgrave Macmillan).
- "Halim Rane". griffith.edu. Griffith University. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Islamic Studies lecturer named Australia's best uni teacher". SBS World News. 9 December 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- Overington, Caroline (29 July 2016). "Muslim migration to Australia: the big slowdown". The Australian. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Dr Halim Rane – Griffith University". Griffith.edu.au. Archived from the original on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Halim Rane". Worldcat. OCLC. Retrieved 15 September 2018.