Habikino (羽曳野市 Habikino-shi) is a city located in eastern Osaka Prefecture, Japan. It is particularly well known for its grape production, as well as the many ancient burial mounds that dot its landscape. The city was founded on January 15, 1959.
Location of Habikino in Osaka Prefecture
|• Mayor||Tsuguo Kitagawa|
|• Total||26.44 km2 (10.21 sq mi)|
(February 28, 2017)
|• Density||4,300/km2 (11,000/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Mandarin Orange|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
|City hall address||4-1-1 Konda, Habikino-shi, Ōsaka-fu|
Yu Darvish was born and grew up in this city.
Sister cities and friendship citiesEdit
Universities and technical schoolsEdit
- Shitennōji International Buddhist University
- Osaka Prefecture University Habikino Campus (formerly Osaka Prefecture College of Nursing)
Primary and secondary schoolsEdit
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
- Kintetsu Railway
- Kintetsu Bus
- Kongō Bus
- Buses pick up passengers at Kaminotaishi Station.
National toll roadsEdit
Minami-Hanna Expressway (two interchanges within city limits):
- Habikino Interchange
- Habikino-Higashi Interchange
National non-toll roadsEdit
- National Route 166
- National Route 170 (Osaka Outer Loop Highway)
- Osaka/Nara Prefectural Route 12: Sakai-Yamato-Takada Highway
- Osaka Prefectural Route 27: Kashiwara-Komagatani-Chihayaakasaka Highway
- Osaka Prefectural Route 31: Sakai-Habikino Highway
- Osaka Prefectural Route 32: Mihara-Taishi Highway
- "Official website of Habikino city" (in Japanese). Japan: Habikino City. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- Home. Shitennoji Habikigaoka Junior and Senior High School. Retrieved on January 12, 2019.