Habibganj railway station
Habibganj railway station (Station Code: HBJ) is a railway station in Bhopal City and part of the West Central Railway. It is located in Habibganj, New Bhopal. It is India's first ISO CERTIFIED private railway station.
|Regional rail & Light rail station|
Front view of the station building from parking lot.
|Location||Habibganj , Maharana Pratap Nagar Zone 2 Bhopal-462011, Madhya Pradesh, |
|Elevation||495.760 metres (1,626.51 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Fare zone||West Central Railway zone|
|Previous names||Indian Branch Rly. Co. |
|Daily||26,000 per day (average)|
ATM, Baggage Room, Dormitory/Retiring Rooms|
Refreshment, Waiting Room
The Railway Station of Habibganj is located :
Structure and facilitiesEdit
The station consists of a total number of 6 platforms.
The Ministry of Railways (India) privatised Habibganj railway station in June 2017, making it India's first private railway station. The station will have facilities like a shopping complex, forex kiosk and eateries. Bhopal based Bansal Group (M/S Bansal Pathways Habibganj Private Limited) has taken the responsibility from IRSDC to turn this railway station into a benchmark for all similar future endeavors.
- "India's first 'private' railway station Habibganj to come up near Bhopal".
- "Habibganj: Here is India's first private railway station". New Delhi: Business Today. 7 June 2017.
- "Habibganj is set to become first private railway station in India; railways awards contract to Bansal Group". Zee Business. 7 June 2017.
- "India's first 'private' railway station Habibganj to come up near Bhopal". Livemint. 6 June 2017.
- "What features will India's 1st privately run station have?". Inshorts. 9 June 2017.
- "Habibganj railway station". Habibganj railway station. 10 September 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bhopal Habibganj railway station.|