Ali Zain al-Abidin al-Jifri (Arabic: الحبيب علي زين العابدين الجفري; born April 16, 1971) is a Sunni Islamic scholar and spiritual educator located in the United Arab Emirates. He is the founder of Tabah Foundation (مؤسسة طابـة), a research institute based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Habib Ali Al-Jifri
الحبيب علي زين العابدين الجفري
|Born||16 April 1971|
|Residence||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
Ali Zain al-Abidin al-Jifri was born in the city of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on 16 April 1971 (20th Safar 1391 AH). Al-Jifri is a direct descendant of the Islamic prophet Muhammad through his grandson Imam Hussein. He has written a number of articles and books including "The Concept of Faith in Islam."
Awards and recognitionEdit
In 2009, Al-Jifri was listed 37th in the world’s 500 most influential Muslims by Georgetown University’s The Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talaal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding and Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre of Jordan. He has since moved up on the list throughout the years, currently holding the number 24 spot.
- Pierret, Thomas. Religion and State in Syria: The Sunni Ulama from Coup to Revolution. p. 127. ISBN 1107026415.
- Aquila Style: "Scholar spotlight: Habib Ali al-Jifri, a Sufi kind of love" - By Omar Shahid 21 August 2014
- Aggarwal, Ricky (7 June 2019). "Scholar spotlight: Habib Ali al-Jifri, a Sufi kind of love". Aquila Style. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Gerhard Böwering, Patricia Crone, Mahan Mirza, The Princeton Encyclopedia of Islamic Political Thought, p 600. ISBN 0691134847
- Philip Lewis, Young, British and Muslim (Continuum 2007), p 76.
- Thomas Pierret, Religion and State in Syria: The Sunni Ulama from Coup to Revolution, p 127. ISBN 1107026415
- Yvonne Y Haddad, Educating the Muslims of America, p. 151. ISBN 0199705127
- Joseph Nnabugwu, Analyzing A Common Word Between Us Muslims and You Christians: A Critical Discourse Analysis, p 101. ISBN 1462853072