Haason Samir Reddick (born September 22, 1994) is an American football linebacker for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Temple, and was drafted by the Cardinals in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Reddick in 2017
|No. 43 – Arizona Cardinals|
|Born:||September 22, 1994|
Camden, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school:||Haddon Heights (NJ)|
|NFL Draft:||2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 13|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Reddick attended Haddon Heights High School in Haddon Heights, New Jersey. He played safety and running back for the Garnets high school football team. He played in only four games his senior season due to a fractured femur.
Reddick joined the Temple University football team as a walk-on in 2012. He was a running back and safety his freshman year. He redshirted for the 2012 season and saw his first game action in 2013. As a senior in 2016, he was named First Team All-AAC after recording 65 tackles and 10.5 sacks as a defensive end.
On November 14, 2016, it was announced that Reddick had accepted his invitation to play in the 2017 Senior Bowl. He was moved to inside linebacker during the Senior Bowl and impressed team representatives and scouts after excelling in practice. On January 28, 2017, Reddick recorded a game-high nine combined tackles, tying Michigan's Ben Gedeon, as he played for Chicago Bears' head coach John Fox's North team that lost 16-15 to the South. His Senior Bowl performance vastly improved his draft stock and made him one of the fastest risers through the draft process, going from an obscure potential top 100 prospect to a top 20 prospect. He received an invitation to NFL Scouting Combine as a defensive end and completed all the required drills. Reddick's 11'1" broad jump was the best among defensive lineman since 2003 and his 4.52 in the 40-yard dash was the best among the defensive lineman at the draft and second best among linebackers. He also attended Temple's Pro Day and decided to only run the shuttle, three-cone, and do positional drills. Reddick was projected to be a first round pick by NFL draft experts and analysts. He was ranked the best linebacker prospect in the draft by ESPN, the second best linebacker by Sports Illustrated, ranked the best outside linebacker by NFLDraftScout.com, and the second best linebacker by NFL media analyst Mike Mayock.
|Haason Reddick's NFL Combine workout|
|Haason Reddick's 40-yard dash|
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 1⁄4 in
|32 3⁄4 in
|10 1⁄8 in
|4.52 s||1.59 s||2.62 s||4.37 s||7.01 s||36 1⁄2 in
|11 ft 1 in
|All values from 2017 NFL Combine.|
The Arizona Cardinals selected Reddick in the first round (13th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the first linebacker selected in 2017 and one of three Temple players, along with Dion Dawkins and Nate Hairston. Reddick also surpassed Paul Palmer to become Temple's second highest draft pick in history, being only behind John Rienstra who was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers with the ninth overall pick in the 1986 NFL Draft.
|Cardinals select Reddick 13th overall|
|Reddick's NFL Draft Interview|
On June 8, 2017, the Cardinals signed Reddick to a fully guaranteed, four-year, $13.47 million contract with a signing bonus of $7.94 million.
Throughout training camp, Reddick competed for job as the starting inside linebacker against Deone Bucannon, Karlos Dansby and Zaviar Gooden. He played the hybrid inside linebacker position after Bucannon suffered an ankle injury and missed a bulk of training camp. Head coach Bruce Arians named him the backup "money" linebacker behind Bucannon.
He made his professional regular season debut and first career start in the Arizona Cardinals' season-opener at the Detroit Lions and recorded a season-high eight combined tackles in their 35-23 loss. Reddick earned the start after Bucannon was declared inactive due to an ankle injury. His first career tackle came on the Lions' first drive as he tackled Lions' running back Ameer Abdullah after a five-yard run in the first quarter. The following week, he collected seven combined tackles in the Cardinals' 16-13 win against the Indianapolis Colts. On November 5, 2017, Reddick was ejected for being involved in a skirmish with Carlos Hyde and finished the game with one solo tackle and a half a sack during their 20-10 victory over the San Francisco 49ers. He made his first career sack with Olsen Pierre, tackling quarterback C. J. Beathard in the first quarter. On November 10, Reddick was fined $9,115 for his role in the brawl. During a Week 14 matchup against the Tennessee Titans, Reddick made three combined tackles and made the first solo sack of his career on quarterback Marcus Mariota as the Cardinals' achieved a 12-7 victory.
In 2018, Reddick played in 16 games with 12 starts, finishing third on the team with 80 tackles.
- Reddick made most of chance with Owls
- Temple's Reddick: from walk-on to standout
- From walk-on to NFL prospect, Haason Reddick personifying Temple's rise
- Temple's Reddick seeks AAC title payoff for hard work
- Temple's Haason Reddick, Dion Dawkins stand out at Senior Bowl
- Brent Sobleski (March 6, 2017). "Masterful Combine Performance Solidifies Haason Reddick as NFL Draft's Top LB". bleacherreport.com. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- "Prospects who have accepted invites to 2017 Senior Bowl". NFL.com. November 14, 2017. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- Matt Miller (April 21, 2017). "How Haason Reddick Became the Biggest Rising Star in the 2017 NFL Draft Class". BleacherReport.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- Chris Burke (April 24, 2017). "2017 NFL draft rankings: Top prospects by position". si.com. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Jeff Legwold (April 22, 2017). "Ranking 2017 Draft's Top 100 Players". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Mike Mayock (April 25, 2017). "Mike Mayock's 2017 NFL Draft top 100 prospect rankings". NFL.com. Retrieved May 17, 2017.
- Orr, Conor (April 27, 2017). "Inspirational Haason Reddick goes to Cardinals at 13". NFL.com.
- "Pro-Football Reference: Temple University Draft History". pro-football-reference.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "Haason Reddick". Spotrac.com. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- Seth Cox (September 6, 2017). "Arizona Cardinals 2017 depth chart for week one". RevengeoftheBirds.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- Tim Twentymen (September 6, 2017). "Week 1 opponent: What the Cardinals are saying". DetroitLions.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "NFL Game Center: Arizona Cardinals @ Detroit Lions". NFL.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- Bergman, Jeremy. "Three players ejected after Cardinals-49ers skirmish". NFL. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "NFL Game Center: Week 9-2017: Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers". NFL.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "NFL Game Center: Week 14-2017: Tennessee Titans @ Arizona Cardinals". NFL.com. Retrieved December 23, 2017.