|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Rob Welten (CDA)|
|• Total||105.50 km2 (40.73 sq mi)|
|• Land||104.82 km2 (40.47 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.68 km2 (0.26 sq mi)|
|Elevation||27 m (89 ft)|
|• Density||232/km2 (600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The Buurserbeek flows through the municipality of Haaksbergen.
- Den Braam
- St. Isidorushoeve
Dutch Topographic map of Haaksbergen (town), June 2014.
Haaksbergen monstertruck accidentEdit
On 28 September 2014 a monster truck crashed into the attending crowd. Three visitors were reported dead, amongst them one child. According to Hans Gerritsen, mayor of Haaksbergen at the time, twelve people were injured.
- Paul Ulenbelt (born 1952) a Dutch politician and former trade unionist and academic
- Angelien Eijsink (born 1960) a Dutch politician
- Han ten Broeke (born 1969) a Dutch politician
- Thomas Berge (born 1990) a Dutch singer
- Andy Scharmin (1967–1989) a Surinamese-Dutch footballer
- Erik ten Hag (born 1970) former footballer with 336 club caps and current manager of Manchester United
- Niki Leferink, (born 1976) retired footballer with 350 club caps
- Bram Tankink (born 1978) former cyclist
- Shirley van der Lof (born 1986) a racing driver
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 7481HS". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- "Monstertruck rijdt in op publiek". NOS op 3. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Monster Truck Crash Reportedly Kills Three". Sky News. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Three dead, including one child, in Dutch stunt truck accident". Retrieved 28 September 2014.