Ha'il Regional Airport (Arabic: مطار حائل الإقليمي, IATA: HAS, ICAO: OEHL) is an airport serving Ha'il (also spelled Hail), the capital of the Ha'il Province in Saudi Arabia.
Ha'il Regional Airport
مطار حائل الإقليمي
Maṭār Ḥā'il al-Iqlīmī
|Operator||General Authority of Civil Aviation|
|Location||Ha'il Province, Saudi Arabia|
|Elevation AMSL||3,331 ft / 1,015 m|
|Coordinates||27°26′16″N 041°41′10″E / 27.43778°N 41.68611°ECoordinates: 27°26′16″N 041°41′10″E / 27.43778°N 41.68611°E|
The airport resides at an elevation of 3,331 feet (1,015 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,720 by 45 metres (12,205 ft × 148 ft).
Airlines and destinationsEdit
Airlines offering regularly scheduled passenger service:Nesma Airline is no more operating at Hail airport
|Air Arabia||Cairo, Sharjah|
|flyadeal||Dammam, Hofuf, Jeddah, Riyadh|
|Saudia||Dammam, Jeddah, Riyadh|
Note all international flights all offered by non-domestic airlines.
Accidents and incidentsEdit
- On September 14, 2000, a Qatar Airways Airbus A300 from Doha en route to Amman, Jordan was diverted to Ha'il Airport after being hijacked by an Iraqi asylum seeker. The hijacker immediately surrendered to Saudi authorities upon landing, and the flight continued onward to Amman with no injuries or casualties.
- ^ a b Airport information for OEHL from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- ^ Airport information for HAS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- ^ "IATA Airport Code Search (HAS: Hail)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
- ^ "Air Arabia Adds Hail Service from August 2013".
- ^ "طيران ناس". flynas.com. Archived from the original on 2016-11-27. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- ^ Ranter, Harro. "ASN Aircraft accident Airbus A300B4-622R registration unknown Hail Airport (HAS)". aviation-safety.net.
- Aeronautical chart and airport information for OEHL at SkyVector
- Current weather for OEHL at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for HAS at Aviation Safety Network