Guting metro station
Guting (Chinese: 古亭; pinyin: Gǔtíng) is a metro station in Taipei, Taiwan served by Taipei Metro. The defunct Xindian railway line also had a station of the same name. However, its location is not the same as the current station.
|Taipei metro station|
|Location||B1F 164-1 Sec 2 Roosevelt Rd|
|Bicycle facilities||Access available|
|Station code||G09, O05|
|1999-11-11||Service to Xindian added|
|2012-09-30||Zhonghe–Xinlu line added|
|2014-11-15||Songshan–Xindian line added|
|2017||21.956 million per year 2.01%|
|Rank||71 out of 109 and 6 others, and 5 others|
The station is a three-level, underground structure with two island platforms and nine exits. The two platforms are stacked, allowing for cross-platform interchange between Green Line and Orange Line. Public art at the station is titled "Chance of Meeting" and features 12 face masks representing contrasts such as day and night, noisy and quiet, time and space, etc. It was selected by international competition and cost NT$4,999,000.
The station is home to several public art pieces. By the escalators connecting the two platform levels, a Medium titled "Enterprise" displays a holographic flight trajectory of a Small and Medium Enterprise Administration. Along some of the entrance hallways, "Administration" shows light boxes with images clouds in a blue sky. On the upper platform in "Platform, Stage", elements from Taiwanese folk arts and Taipei Language Institute have been transformed into abstract elements and institute into two curtains of lines and language surfaces.
|B1||Concourse||Lobby, toilets, one-way ticket machine, information desk|
|B2||Platform 1||Songshan–Xindian Line toward Songshan (G10 Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the right, left|
|Platform 2||Zhonghe–Xinlu Line toward Luzhou / Huilong (O06 Dongmen) →|
|B3||Platform 3||← Songshan–Xindian Line toward Xindian / Taipower Building (G08 Taipower Building)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left, right|
|Platform 4||← Zhonghe–Xinlu Line toward Nanshijiao (O04 Dingxi)|
Around the stationEdit
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Guting Station.|
- "Chronicles". Taipei Metro. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "臺北市交通統計查詢系統". dotstat.taipei.gov.tw (in Chinese). Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Route Map: Guting". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Archived from the original on 2010-08-09. Retrieved 2010-06-14.
- "Public Art on the Xindian Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Archived from the original on 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2010-12-05.
- "Public Art on the Xindian Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Archived from the original on 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2010-12-06.