This article possibly contains original research. (May 2021)
Gurdaspur is a city in the state of Punjab, India, between the rivers Beas and Ravi. Through its location on the Indian side of the Punjab region, it shares a border with Pakistan. It houses the administrative headquarters of Gurdaspur District and is in the geographical centre of the district.
|Founded by||Bhai Guriya Ji|
|• Body||Municipal Council Gurdaspur|
|• Member of the Legislative Assembly||Barindermeet Singh Pahra|
|• Member of Parliament||Sunny Deol|
|• Deputy Commissioner||Mohammad Ishfaq, IAS|
|• City||45 km2 (17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||241 m (791 ft)|
|• Density||649/km2 (1,680/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Area code(s)||+91-1874-XXX XXXX|
|Vehicle registration||PB-06, PB-18, PB-58, PB-99, PB-85|
According to the 2011 India census, Gurdaspur had a population of 2,299,026 (1,212,995 males and 1,086,031 females). There was a 9.30% increase in population compared to that of 2001. In the previous 2001 census of India, Gurdaspur District had recorded a 19.74% increase to its population compared to 1991.
The average literacy rate of Gurdaspur in 2011 was 81.10%, compared to 73.80% in 2001. The male and female literacy rates were 85.90% and 75.70%, respectively. For the 2001 census, the rates were 79.80% and 67.10% respectively. The total literate population was 1,668,339, consisting of 928,264 males and 740,075 females. Sex ratio is about 895 females per 1000 males. Population Density was 649 per square km. 
Gurdaspur has many elementary and secondary level schools and has 13 degree level and engineering colleges. Beant College of Engineering and Technology, is among them, founded by then Chief Minister Beant Singh in 1995. A nationally accredited body by Ministry of Tourism (India) Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition is also located in Gurdaspur.
- Dev Anand (Film Actor)
- Mahbub ul Haq (Economist)
- Premchand Degra (Body builder)
- Vinod Khanna (Ex-MP)
- Vijay Anand (Filmmaker)
- Chetan Anand (Filmmaker)
- Guru Randhawa (Singer)
- Aditya Puri (Businessman)
- Gurpreet Ghuggi (Film actor)
- Shivil Kaushik (Cricketer)
- Ranjit Bawa (Singer)
- AP Dhillon (Singer)
- Romesh Sharma (Film actor)
- Preet Harpal (Singer)
- Jasbir Jassi (Singer)
- Nimrat Khaira
- Avtar Singh (Olympic judo player)
- Gurmeet Bawa (Singer)
- Sunny Deol (MP)
- Surjit Singh
- Sunanda Sharma (Singer)
- "Punjab Police Amritsar". gurdaspur.nic.in. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "About District". Gurdaspur.nic.in. Archived from the original on 2 August 2005. Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- "Gurdaspur District Population Census 2011, Punjab literacy sex ratio and density". Census2011.co.in.
- "Education Facilities in District Gurdaspur". Gurdaspur.nic.in. Archived from the original on 18 May 2005. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- http://india.gov.in/my-government/indian parliament/vinod-khanna