|Born||March 3, 1956|
|Known for||The Blue Economy|
|Children||6 (five sons and one daughter)|
He has lived on 4 continents, is fluent in 7 languages, is a resident of Japan since 1994 and spends most of his time in South Africa.
Pauli is a member of The Club of Rome and served three years since 2017 as an elected member of the Executive Committee.
In 1989 he was elected as an independent substitute to the European Parliament, but never took up the seat.
Former chairman of Ecover, an ecological detergent company, before realizing in 1990 that its components - palm oil in particular - destroy primary forests, he is nicknamed the "Steve Jobs of sustainable development", or even the "Che Guevara of biodiversity ”, or “the apostle of sustainable growth ”. 
Gunter Pauli is committed to design and implement a competitive business model which respond to people’s needs using what is locally available. He introduced “The Blue Economy” philosophy in 1994 when asked by the United Nations to reflect on the business models of the future in preparation for COP 3 in Japan where the Kyoto Protocol was decided. 
ZERI (Zero Emission Research Initiatives)Edit
- "Interview with Gunter Pauli: next generation innovation and the Blue Economy". Eco-innovation Action Plan - European Commission. 14 July 2015.
- "Gunter Pauli, Author".
- "Gunter Pauli/More information".
- "The Blue Economy/Gunter Pauli/Author Information".
- "Gunter Pauli, Environmental entrepreneur, author & speaker".
- "Gunter Pauli". 2019.
- "Tiny Spanish Island Nears Its Goal: 100 Percent Renewable Energy". text.npr.org.
- Cala, Andrés (19 January 2011). "Tiny Spanish Island Has a Huge Stake in the Future (Published 2011)" – via NYTimes.com.
- "El Hierro: Island of Hope | visionews.net". www.visionews.net.
- "Plan A" (PDF). www.argentina.gob.ar. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "Cómo es el Plan A de la "economía azul" que aspira a transformar la Argentina". www.ambito.com.
- "Se abbiamo fallito abbiamo diritto a chiedere perché: parola di Gunter Pauli".
- Crols, Frans (29 November 2016). "Blauwe, rode of groene economie in de Lage Landen?".
- "Gunter Pauli: From deep ecology to blue economy: Principles for new business models".
- "Gunter Pauli, le "Steve Jobs du développement durable": "Il faut mieux tirer parti de ce que la nature nous offre"".
- "Gunter Pauli, l'apôtre de la croissance durable".
- "Interview #1: GUNTER PAULI, le Che Guevara du développement durable".
- "Gunter Pauli: From deep ecology to blue economy: Principles for new business models/".
- "The Blue Economy Principles".
- "Zero Emissions Research and Initiatives". ZERI.