Gunnar Möller (1 July 1928 – 16 May 2017) was a German television and film actor. He appeared in over 160 film and television productions between 1940 and 2016. He was most successful as a leading men in German cinema of the 1950s, especially with his role in I Often Think of Piroschka (1955) with Liselotte Pulver. He later turned to character roles and worked for a number of years in England.
He was married to the actress Brigitte Rau until her death in 1979, when he killed her during an argument in London. He was sentenced to five years in prison in England, but served only two and was able to continue his career in Germany.
In 2003, he married actress Christiane Hammacher, with whom he had performed in "Loriots Dramatische Werke" ("Loriot's Dramatic Works") at Frankfurt's Fritz Rémond Theater and on tour during the 1980s.
Möller died on 16 May 2017 in his hometown Berlin, aged 88.
- Our Miss Doctor (1940)
- Kopf hoch, Johannes! (1941)
- Between Heaven and Earth (1942)
- Circus Renz (1943)
- The Degenhardts (1944)
- The Green Salon (1944)
- The Noltenius Brothers (1945)
- Thank You, I'm Fine (1948)
- After the Rain Comes Sunshine (1949)
- Where the Trains Go (1949)
- Five Suspects (1950)
- Abundance of Life (1950)
- Taxi-Kitty (1950)
- The Man Who Wanted to Live Twice (1950)
- Gabriela (1950)
- A Heidelberg Romance (1951)
- Holiday From Myself (1952)
- A Thousand Red Roses Bloom (1952)
- The Imaginary Invalid (1952)
- Marriage for One Night (1953)
- The Dancing Heart (1953)
- Dutch Girl (1953)
- Salto Mortale (1953)
- The Seven Dresses of Katrin (1954)
- Love and Trumpets (1954)
- I Often Think of Piroschka (1955)
- Son Without a Home (1955)
- The Tour Guide of Lisbon (1956)
- My Brother Joshua (1956)
- The Winemaker of Langenlois (1957)
- The Daring Swimmer (1957)
- At Green Cockatoo by Night (1957)
- Thirteen Old Donkeys (1958)
- SOS Pacific (1959)
- Bombs on Monte Carlo (1960)
- Season in Salzburg (1961)
- Freddy and the Song of the South Pacific (1962)
- If You Go Swimming in Tenerife (1964)
- Liselotte of the Palatinate (1966)
- Days of Betrayal (1973)
- The Odessa File (film) (1974)
- The Liberation of Prague (1978)
- Oktoberfest (2005)
- The Misplaced World (2015)
- Gerste, Margrit (1980-05-09). "Szenen einer Ehe". Die Zeit (in German). Retrieved 2017-12-07. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Vom Gefängnis zurück auf den Bildschirm", in "Panorama". Essen, Germany: DerWesten Funke, March 29, 2016.
- "Ein Leben mit Sprengkraft: Das Fritz-Rémond-Theater zeigt den Erfinder Alfred Nobel privat", Frankfurter Neue Presse.
- "'Ich denke oft an Piroschka' - Schauspieler Gunnar Möller gestorben". Aargau, Switzerlad: Aargauer Zeitung, May 22, 2017.
- "Ich denke oft an Andi". junge Welt (in German). 20 May 2017. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gunnar Möller.|