This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2019)
The Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC) is a body created by the Constitution of India to select applicants for civil services in the Indian state of Gujarat according to the merits of the applicants.
ગુજરાત જાહેર સેવા આયોગ
|Formation||1 May 1960|
|Type||State Civil Service Recruitment Agency
|Shri Nalin Upadhyay, IAS|
Commission profile Edit
The Commission is supervised under the state governor and headed by commission's Chairman and members for their specific
|Designation||Current office holder|
|Chairman||Shri Nalin B. Upadhyay, IAS (Retd.) - (Incharge)|
|Member||Shri Nalin B. Upadhyay, IAS (Retd.)|
|Member||Smt. Asha R. Shah, IAS (Retd.)|
|Member||Shri Ashokkumar M. Bhavsar, Additional Secretary (Retd.)|
|Member||Shri Sureshchandra K. Patel, Chief Engineer (Retd.)|
|Designation||Current office holder||Email ID||Phone Number|
|Secretary||Shri R. J. Halani, IAS||(079) 23258959|
|Joint Secretary (R-5, R-6, R-7, P)||Shri S.S. Patwardhan||(079) 23258965|
|Joint Secretary (ACCOUNT, EDPCELL, EX-1, R-2, R&D & RR)||Shri H. K. Thakar||(079) 23258964|
|Joint Secretary (EST, EXM,RECORD,REGISTRY, LEGAL, EX-2, DEQ, RTI)||Shri S.M. Daudkarim||(079) 23258961|
|Joint Secretary (CNF)||Shri L. B. Suthar||(079) 23258966|
|Incharge Joint Secretary (R-1, R-3, R-4)||Shri R.C. Maheshwari||(079) 23258970|
|Joint Secretary||(Vacant)||(079) 23258962|
|Joint Secretary||(Vacant)||-||(079) --|
|Account Officer (ACCOUNTS, REGISTRY)||Shri M. R. Mistry||(079) 23258977|
|Deputy Secretary (R1, R4)||Shri R.C.Maheshwari||(079) 23258970|
|Deputy Secretary (CNF)||Shri D. T. Ninama||(079) 23258950|
|Deputy Secretary (EST, EXM, LEGAL, R-6 & R-7)||Shri Gaurav R. Pandya||(079) 23258973|
|Deputy Secretary (R-5 & DEQ)||Ms. Nasim M. Modan||(079) 23258962|
|Deputy Secretary (EX-2, R&D, RR & SYLLABUS)||Shri D. B. Jhala||(079) 23258975|
|Deputy Secretary||()||-||(079) 23258994|
|Deputy Secretary||()||-||(079) 23258986|
|Deputy Secretary||()||-||(079) 23258971|
|P. S. to Chairman I/C||Shri K. R. Patel||-||(079) 23258951|
|P. S. to Secretary I/C||Shri H. J. Rathod||(079) 23258959|
Functions of the Commission Edit
The following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
- To conduct examinations for appointments to the services of the State.
- To advise on –
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings initiated against them for the act done or purported to be done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants; and
- Any other matters that may be referred to the commission by His Excellency the Governor
These functions are subject to the limitations imposed by the Gujarat Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1960 made under proviso to clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
List of Chairmen of GPSC Edit
|Shri Nalin Upadhyay||13 May 2022||Incumbent|
|Shri Dinesh Dasa||1 February 2016||31 January 2022|
|Hasmukh Joshi||6 June 2014||31 January 2016|
|A B Mandavia||19 February 2004||14 February 2005|
See also Edit
- "Gujarat Public Service Commission, Gandhinagar". Government of Gujarat. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Member of Gujarat Public Service Commission Shri Dinesh Dasa has been promoted as chairman of GPSC". DeshGujarat. 30 January 2016. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- "Hasmukh Joshi takes oath as Gujarat Public Service Commission". Times of India. 6 June 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2022.
- GPSC official website.