Guinea at the 2016 Summer Olympics
Guinea competed at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 5 to 21 August 2016. This was the nation's eleventh appearance at the Summer Olympics since its debut in 1968. Guinea failed to register any athletes at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, and eventually joined the rest of the African nations to boycott the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal.
|Guinea at the|
2016 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Comité National Olympique et Sportif Guinéen|
|in Rio de Janeiro|
|Competitors||5 in 3 sports|
|Flag bearer||Mamadama Bangoura|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Five Guinean athletes, two men and three women, were selected to the team, competing only in athletics, judo, and swimming; all of them received their spots through wild card entries. Half-middleweight judoka Mamadama Bangoura led the Guinean squad as the nation's flag bearer in the opening ceremony. Guinea, however, has yet to win its first ever Olympic medal.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Track & road events
|Mohamed Lamine Dansoko||Men's 100 m||11.05||6||Did not advance|
|Makoura Keita||Women's 100 m||12.66||4||Did not advance|
Guinea has received an invitation from the Tripartite Commission to send a judoka competing in the women's half-middleweight category (63 kg) to the Olympics.
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Repechage||Final / BM|
|Mamadama Bangoura||Women's −63 kg|| García (ECU)
|Did not advance|
|Amadou Camara||Men's 50 m freestyle||27.35||78||Did not advance|
|Mariama Sow||Women's 50 m freestyle||39.85||87||Did not advance|
- "30è édition JO Rio 2016: la Guinée avec 5 athlètes pour 3 disciplines ralliera les lieux de la compétition en retard" [30th edition of the Olympics – Rio 2016: 5 Guinean athletes competing in 3 sports will rally the tournament] (in French). Mediaguinee.org. 3 August 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – Rio 2016 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Swimming World Rankings". FINA. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Men's Final Entry List" (PDF). FINA. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- "Women's Final Entry List" (PDF). FINA. Retrieved 20 July 2016.