Guillermo Alfonso Maripán Loaysa (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡiˈʝeɾmo maɾiˈpan]; born 6 May 1994) is a Chilean footballer who plays as central defender for Ligue 1 club Monaco and the Chile national team.
|Full name||Guillermo Alfonso Maripán Loayza|
|Date of birth||6 May 1994|
|Place of birth||Santiago, Chile|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 23:59, 21 May 2022 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 18:11, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
Maripán made his debut for Universidad Católica playing the last 15 minutes against Audax Italiano in Estadio Bicentenario in 2013. Later, he played again against Audax Italiano, but this time in the Chilean Cup, playing the entire match. That same year Maripán entered for the first time in the UC starting eleven in the Chilean Primera División, this time against Cobresal.
On 24 August 2019, Maripán joined Ligue 1 club Monaco on a five-year deal. His second season in the Monegasque team consolidated him as one of the best defenders in Ligue 1: he was designated by the CIES Football Observatory as the best Chilean of the season, and he was also the central defender who scored the most goals. Guillermo Maripán signed his best scoring season in the 2020–21 academic year, and also improved five key aspects in his game that evidenced his sporting growth.
Maripán was called up to the Chile for the 2017 China Cup in China. Maripan was called up again to the Chile for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers against Brazil and Ecuador. Guillermo Maripán faced the Copa América 2021. He starred in one of the tournament's plays after making a feint to Lionel Messi.
- As of match played 21 June 2021. Scores and results list Chile's goal tally first.
|1.||31 May 2018||Sportzentrum Graz-Weinzödl, Graz, Austria||Romania||1–1||2–3||Friendly|
|2.||4 June 2018||Serbia||1–0||1–0|
- Universidad Católica
- Campeonato Nacional: Torneo Clausura 2015–16, Torneo Apertura 2016–17
- Supercopa de Chile: 2016
- "Guillermo Maripán". AS Monaco FC. Retrieved 5 August 2022.
- "El Deportivo Alavés refuerza la defensa con Guillermo Maripán" [Deportivo Alavés bolster their defence with Guillermo Maripán] (in Spanish). Deportivo Alavés. 7 July 2017. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Guillermo Maripán à l'AS Monaco" [Guillermo Maripán at AS Monaco] (in French). AS Monaco FC. 24 August 2019. Retrieved 24 August 2019.
- "Maripán sigue sumando y es el mejor chileno de la temporada". AS.com. May 5, 2021.
- "Maripán aterriza en Chile como el central más goleador de Europa". es.besoccer.com.
- "La evolución de Maripán que lo llevó a su primera final europea". May 15, 2021.
- "Guarden este vídeo porque puede ser la primera vez que lo vean: Maripan pone a Messi a 'bailar'". 15 June 2021.
- "Maripán, Guillermo". National Football Teams. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "PSG beat Monaco to win French Cup". BBC Sport. 19 May 2021. Retrieved 2022-06-21.