The Guatemala International is an open badminton tournament held in Guatemala. The tournament has been an International Series level in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2012, 2013, 2016, then in 2009 categorized as Future Series level, and in 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 categorized as International Challenge by the Badminton World Federation. The tournament is sanctioned by the Badminton World Federation, so the players can improved their point in world ranking.
|Founder||Federación Nacional de Bádminton Guatemala|
In 2013, the tournament was an International Series level, with the official participation of athletes from 8 countries. In 2014, the Huawei sponsored tournament gathered 120 athletes from 15 countries. In 2015 and 2016, the tournament was held at the Olympic City Sports Coliseum, and sponsored by Herbalife. The 2015 season was a part of the 2016 Rio Olympics qualification, and have a total pursue $15,000, which attracted 97 players from 33 countries, and for the 2016, 63 players from 12 players competes. In 2017, the national federation host two level 4 badminton tournament, the Future and International Series.
Performances by nationEdit
Updated after the 2021 edition.
- "Qué comience la acción en el Herbalife Internacional Series" (in Spanish). deguate.com. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Iniciará el Guatemala International Series de Badminton" (in Spanish). Confederación Deportiva Autónoma de Guatemala. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Brasil conquista quatro medalhas no Huawei Guatemala Internacional" (in Portuguese). Ministério do Esporte. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Comienza el Challenge" (in Spanish). deguate.com. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Se abre la cancha para el Herbalife Challenge Guatemala 2015" (in Spanish). deguate.com. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Future Series Guatemala de Bádminton" (in Spanish). Guatemala.com. Retrieved 26 July 2017.