Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is an upcoming enclosed roller coaster attraction under construction at Epcot. It will be manufactured by Vekoma. Based on the Marvel Studios film Guardians of the Galaxy, it will be the first attraction at Walt Disney World based on a Marvel Comics property. It will replace the Universe of Energy attraction, which closed on August 13, 2017.
|Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind|
|Park section||World Discovery|
|Replaced||Ellen's Energy Adventure|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Theme||Guardians of the Galaxy|
|Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at RCDB|
Pictures of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at RCDB
The ride was announced as part of an overall overhaul of Epcot at the 2017 D23 Expo. On August 13, 2017, Ellen's Energy Adventure was closed so that construction could begin on the attraction. At D23 Japan in 2018, it was confirmed that the ride would be one of the world's longest enclosed roller coasters and that the ride would open in 2021.
Construction began in late August 2017. The existing Universe of Energy show building will be reused and retrofitted for the new attraction; the roller coaster itself will be housed in a new, massive show building situated backstage behind the Universe of Energy building and the former Wonders of Life pavilion. On May 4, 2018, the Disney Parks Blog released a video stating that 960 truckloads of concrete had been poured for the foundation of the new ride show building.
- Sorrentino, Mike (May 8, 2018). "The Guardians' big Disney World roller coaster is set for 2021". CNET.
- Macy, Seth G. (July 15, 2017). "New Guardians of the Galaxy Ride Announced for Walt Disney World". IGN.
- Fickley-Baker, Jennifer (July 15, 2017). "'Guardians of the Galaxy' & 'Ratatouille' Attractions Coming to Epcot". Disney Parks Blog. Archived from the original on July 16, 2017. Retrieved July 15, 2017.
- Bevil, Dewayne (July 15, 2017). "Coming to Disney World: Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy ride, 'Star Wars' hotel". Orlando Sentinel.
- "Track Installation to Begin Soon on Guardians of the Galaxy Roller Coaster at Epcot". Blog Mickey. July 30, 2018.
- Glover, Erin (March 20, 2018). "Avengers and Other Super Heroes to Assemble in New Themed Areas at Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris and Hong Kong Disneyland". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Fickley-Baker, Jennifer. "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Bevil, Dewayne (July 31, 2017). "Last go-around with Ellen at Epcot". Orlando Sentinel.
- Smith, Thomas (February 11, 2018). "'Guardians of the Galaxy' Attraction at Epcot Will Be One of World's Longest Enclosed Coasters". Disney Parks Blog.
- Smith, Thomas. "LIVE: Exciting Announcements for Disney Parks, Resorts, Cruise Ships and Beyond at D23 Expo 2019". Disney Parks Blog.
- Nolfi, Joey (November 15, 2018). "Disney unveils spinning Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster cars, new ride details". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 21, 2019.
- Bevil, Dewayne (August 1, 2018). "Disney World: Look at latest Epcot construction". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved March 21, 2019.
|This article about an amusement ride or roller coaster is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|