The Guam Track and Field Association (GTFA) is the governing body for the sport of athletics in Guam.
|Vice president(s)||Joe Taitano|
The history of running in Guam is well described. The participation of athletes from Guam at the 1966 South Pacific Games is documented.
The foundation of GTFA is reported for 1976, aa well as its affiliation to the IAAF in the year 1986.
Between 2001-2004, former marathon runner Fred Schumann served as president. In 2005, Franklin Tangalin was elected president. Jay Antonio served as president from May 2009 - December 2014.
Current president is Derek Mandell. He was elected in April 2017 for the period 2017-2021. Mandell was re-elected president in August 2021 for the period of 2021-2025.
Moreover, it is part of the following national organisations:
GTFA was suspended by the GNOC in November 2013, but was reinstated as an associate member in June 2018. GTFA was reinstated as a full-member of GNOC in February 2021.
GTFA maintains the Guamanian records in athletics.
- ^ Guam Track and Field Association, IAAF, retrieved January 25, 2014
- ^ Babauta, Leo, Running: History of the Sport on Guam, Guampedia, retrieved January 25, 2014
- ^ Snow, Bob (October 12, 2012), SECOND SOUTH PACIFIC GAMES - NOUMEA 1966 - FULL RESULTS OF THE ATHLETICS COMPETITION (PDF), OAA, archived from the original (PDF) on October 30, 2013, retrieved January 25, 2014
- ^ International Association of Athletics Federations - Constitution - In force as from 1st November 2011, IAAF, p. 57, retrieved January 25, 2014
- ^ Babauta, Leo, Runner Profile: Fred Schumann, Guampedia, retrieved January 25, 2014
- ^ GUAM TRACK AND FIELD ELECT NEW BOARD, OAA, May 18, 2005, retrieved January 25, 2014
- ^ "GTFA elects Board of Directors for new term". Pacific Daily News - Guam. May 3, 2017. Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- ^ Macaluso, David F. (November 22, 2013), Guam track and field suspended?, Marianas Variety, retrieved January 25, 2014
- ^ Macaluso, David F. (November 25, 2013), OAA backs Guam Track and Field, Marianas Variety, retrieved January 25, 2014