For the Italian football (soccer) club, see Fiorentina
|Full name||Grupo Desportivo, Recreativo e Cultural Fiorentina|
Grupo Desportivo, Recreativo e Cultural Fiorentina de Santo Antão
|Ground||Porto Novo on|
Santo Antão Island, Cape Verde
|League||Santo Antão Island League (South)|
Grupo Desportivo, Recreativo e Cultural Fiorentina is a football club that plays in the city of Porto Novo in island of Santo Antão in Cape Verde. The team plays in the Santo Antão Island League (South) since 2007.
The club won their first trophy in 1997. Fiorentina celebrated its 10th anniversary of its foundation in 2004. Fiorentina became an official registered club in 2005 and formally became a member of the Santo Antão South Regional Football Association (ARFSSA) in 2007. Alongside Lajedos (then as Lagedos) and Inter, they played their first match in 2008. The team won its first title in 2008 winning their league of their island getting a place in the national championship, they never won a single game and only had two ties and a total of two points.
Fiorentina did not appear in the competition in 2011 and in 2012 and from 2014 to 2015 due to financial problems and a small part low popularity. The club returned during the 2015/16 season, their first match of the season was against Lajedos and was also their last, unlike some other leagues and championships, the half-season meetings were out of order, the club finished fifth with four wins, two draws, five losses and 14 points. Fiorentina finished fourth in 2017 but with 12 points, two less than last season as they had 3 wins and draws and 6 losses.
League and cup history edit
National championship edit
|2008||1B||5||5||0||2||3||2||8||-6||2||Did not advance||Did not participate|
Island/Regional Championship edit
|2007–08||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Promoted into the National Championships|
- Best position: 5th – Group Stage (national)
- Appearances at championship competitions:
- National: Once, in 2008
- Regional: 6
- Appearance at a super cup competition: Once, in 2008
- Appearances at cup competitions:
- Santo Antão South: 6
- Santo Antão: 2
- Appearance at opening tournaments: 4
- Total goals scored: 2 (national)
- Total points: 2 (national)
- Worst defeat at the Regional championships: Fiorentina 0–10 Académica do Porto Novo , February 27, 2016
- List of dates of foundation of clubs in Cape Verde at rsssf.org
- "Santo Antão Sul – Fiorentina estreia-se no campeonato regional" [Fiorentina Returned to the Regional Championships]. Criolosprt (in Portuguese). 3 December 2015. Archived from the original on 29 February 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- "Futebol Santo Antão – Sul: Lajedos Fiorentina marca início do campeonato regional de futebol 2015/2016" [Lajedos and Fiorentina Marked the Start of the 2015/16 Regional Championships]. Criolosport (in Portuguese). 8 January 2016. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- Official website as a blog page at Blogspot (in Portuguese)
- Fiorentina do Porto Novo at Facebook
- Club profile at the Final Ball (in Portuguese)