Groupe SEB (Société d'Emboutissage de Bourgogne) is a large French consortium that produces small appliances, and it is the world's largest manufacturer of cookware. Notable brand names associated with Groupe SEB include All-Clad, IMUSA , Krups, Moulinex, Rowenta, Tefal (including OBH Nordica) and WMF Group. According to the Groupe SEB website, they have faced considerable competition from low-price Chinese competitors, but have managed to maintain a constant sales level. A large proportion of their product lines are now manufactured in China. Its headquarters are in Ecully, a Lyon suburb.
|Euronext Paris: SK
CAC Mid 60 Component
|Thierry de La Tour d'Artaise|
|Revenue||€7.3 billion (2019)|
|€380 million (2019)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Tefal, Rowenta, Krups and others|
The precursor to the Groupe SEB consortium was originally formed by Antoine Lescure in 1857. In 1977, they released the dedicated first-generation home video game console Telescore 750. Later, they released two revisions, the Telescore 751 and the Telescore 752.
For the first half of 2008, Groupe SEB reported an increase in profit from 52 million euros in 2007 to 94 million euros. Groupe SEB now has a 61% interest in the Chinese cookware company Supor. For the second half of the year, Groupe SEB did not predict major changes in outlook.
In 2019 Groupe SEB strengthened the security of its press releases by adopting the Certidox solution. It ensures readers of the authenticity of its press releases by proving they have indeed been published by the company and their content is compliant with what the company has written.
- "Company Description: SEB SA". BusinessWeek. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Groupe SEB company profile". www.groupeseb.com. September 19, 2020.
- "First Half 2008 Report". Group SEB. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-11-17.
- "Chairman's Message – 2004 Annual Report". Group SEB. 2004. Archived from the original on 2006-04-06.
- "Groupe SEB: First-quarter 2019 Sales and Financial Data". Bloomberg.com. 2019-04-25. Retrieved 2022-05-30.