The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Glasgow and Galloway|
|Church||Scottish Episcopal Church|
|Elected||16 January 2010|
by Douglas Feaver
|Consecration||23 April 2010|
by David Chillingworth
|Born||11 October 1950|
|Parents||Edwin John Duncan, Janet Brown|
|Alma mater||University of Glasgow |
Clare College, Cambridge
Duncan was born on 11 October 1950. He was educated at Allan Glen's School, a boys' state selective school in Glasgow. He went on to study at the University of Glasgow and Clare College, Cambridge. He studied for the priesthood at Ripon College Cuddesdon.
He was ordained deacon in 1983 and priest in 1984 by the Bishop of Peterborough. He began his ordained ministry as an assistant curate at Oakham. After this he was chaplain of Edinburgh Theological College followed by rector of St Columba's, Largs, then St Ninian's, Pollokshields, in Glasgow. He was Dean of Glasgow and Galloway until his appointment to the episcopate in 2010.
Gregor Duncan suffered a stroke in January 2017.
- "GLASGOW AND GALLOWAY, Bishop of', Who's Who 2011, A & C Black, 2011; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2010; online edn, Oct 2010". Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Debrett's - The Most Rev the Bishop of Glasgow and Galloway". Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Crockford's (100th edition)
- Bertie (2000)
- "New Bishop of Glasgow & Galloway to be consecrated in Cathedral ceremony". Scottish Episcopal Church. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- "The Very Rev Dr Gregor Duncan elected as Bishop". News. The Diocese of Glasgow & Galloway. Archived from the original on 24 December 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Consecration of New Bishop". Featured Article. St Mary's Cathedral, Glasgow. 11 April 2010. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- Finley, Lorna (30 January 2017). "Bishop of Glasgow & Galloway - The Scottish Episcopal Church". Scotland.anglican.org. Retrieved 27 February 2020.
- "Choral Evensong for Bishop Gregor - St Mary's Cathedral, Glasgow". 2 October 2018. Archived from the original on 2 October 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2021.
- Bertie, David M. (2000). Scottish Episcopal Clergy, 1689-2000. Edinburgh: T & T Clark. ISBN 0-5670-8746-8. OCLC 468720326.
- Church of England. Archbishops Council (2007). Crockford's clerical directory : a directory of the clergy of the Church of England, the Church in Wales, the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Church of Ireland. 2008/2009 (100 ed.). Church House Publishing. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0. OCLC 505322212.