Gregory "Greg" John Noonan (March 4, 1951 – October 11, 2009) was an American brewing expert who authored several published books on brewing. His writing credits include Brewing Lager Beer: The Most Comprehensive Book for Home - And Microbrewers (1986) which he updated in 1996 and changed the title to New Brewing Lager Beer: The Most Comprehensive Book for Home - And Microbrewers. He also wrote Scotch Ale (1993) for the Classic Beer Styles Series from Brewers Publications. He co-authored Seven Barrel Brewery Brewers Handbook (1997) with Mikel Redman and Scott Russell.
Noonan was the owner and brewmaster of Vermont Pub and Brewery since 1988.
On October 11, 2009 Noonan died after a short battle with stage four lung cancer.
In 1997, Noonan received the Recognition Award from the American Homebrewers Association.
In 2004, Noonan was awarded the Achievement Award from The Brewers Association in 2004 and then the following year (2005) the Russell Schehrer Award for Innovation in Brewing also from The Brewers Association.
- "Greg Noonan Obituary". Legacy.com. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "BJCP Homepage". Beer Judge Certification Program. Retrieved 2009-11-19.
- Essman Franz, Janet (February 2007). "Tap Dancing: Greg Noonan wrote the book on microbrewing--really". Business People - Vermont. Retrieved 2009-11-19.
- J., Noonan, Gregory (1986). Brewing lager beer : the most comprehensive book for home and microbrewers. Boulder, Colo.: Brewers Publications. ISBN 0937381012. OCLC 13289701.
- J., Noonan, Gregory (1996). New brewing lager beer : the most comprehensive book for home- and microbrewers (Completely rev. and expanded ed.). Boulder, Colo.: Brewers Publications. ISBN 9781938469237. OCLC 689910873.
- J., Noonan, Gregory (1993). Scotch ale. Boulder, Colo.: Brewers Publications. ISBN 0937381357. OCLC 30078615.
- J., Noonan, Gregory (1996). Seven Barrel Brewery brewers' handbook. Ann Arbor, MI: G.W. Kent. ISBN 1887167005. OCLC 37670158.
- MacQuarrie, Brian (May 28, 2006). "Making the Rounds". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-11-19.
- Darren. "Remembering Greg Noonan". www.vermontbrewery.com. Retrieved 2018-08-05.
- "Greg Noonan". Brewers Publications.
- Staff (June 1, 2005). "News Briefs". The Beverage Industry. Retrieved 2009-11-19.[permanent dead link]