Greg Little (wide receiver)
Gregory Lamar Little (born May 30, 1989) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football and college basketball at North Carolina.
Little with the Browns in 2012
|Born:||May 30, 1989|
Durham, North Carolina
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school:||Durham (NC) Hillside|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 2 / Pick: 59|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
High school careerEdit
Little attended Hillside High School in Durham, North Carolina, where he played football, basketball and ran track. He graduated in the spring of 2007. Little primarily played tailback during his junior year as well as spending some time at wide receiver. His vertical jump was 40.0" and his broad jump was 10-1. North Carolina, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and USC all offered scholarships for Little to attend their respective colleges. He visited North Carolina on October 13, 2006, Notre Dame on September 16, 2006, and Ohio State on September 23, 2006. He later verbally committed to the University of North Carolina. Little had a high school GPA of 2.7 and scored 930 on the SAT. He played in the 2007 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
As a freshman in college during 2007, he had a total of 300 rushing yards and 99 receiving yards. Little also returned kickoffs for total of 145 yards. As a sophomore, he had a total of 339 rushing yards, 146 receiving yards, and 141 return yards. During his final collegiate season, as a junior, Little had 166 rushing yards, 724 receiving yards, and 222 kickoff return yards. As a senior in 2010, Little did not play, as he was ruled ineligible by the NCAA for lying to investigators about receiving travel accommodations and jewelry.
On November 19, 2013, the University of North Carolina sent a disassociation letter to Little, Marvin Austin, and Robert Quinn for the improper benefits taken during their time at the university. The three athletes are prohibited from contacting current North Carolina athletes and are not allowed inside the Kenan Football Center or other athletic facilities on campus.
As a freshman in college, Greg Little also played basketball on the University of North Carolina basketball team that went to the Final 4 during the 2007-08 season. He played in 10 games and averaged 1.5ppg.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 1⁄2 in
|33 1⁄4 in
|9 1⁄8 in
|4.53 s||4.21 s||6.8 s||40.5 in
|10 ft 9 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Little finished the 2011 season leading the Browns with 61 catches and 709 receiving yards. He was second among rookies in catches, behind Cincinnati Bengals' first round pick A. J. Green and fifth in yards behind A.J. Green, Torrey Smith, Julio Jones, and Doug Baldwin. He also finished with two touchdowns.
In 2012, Little started all 16 games, recording 53 catches for 647 yards and a career-high four touchdowns. The following season in 2013, he recorded 41 catches for 465 yards and two touchdowns in 16 games and 13 starts.
On May 16, 2014, Little was released by the Browns after three seasons with the team.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- North Carolina Tar Heels 2007-2008 Basketball Roster, retrieved June 25, 2011
- foxsportsnext.com, & Scout.com. (2011). Greg Little. Retrieved December 10, 2012, from http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1860630
- Sports Reference LLC. (2012). Greg Little. Retrieved December 5, 2012, from "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 12, 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Agent scandal costs UNC three players
- "UNC severs ties with Austin, Little, Quinn". Raleigh News & Observer. November 19, 2013. Archived from the original on December 18, 2013.
- National Football League: NFL Draft 2011 - Greg Little, retrieved April 30, 2011
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- Sessler, Marc (May 16, 2014). "Greg Little released by Cleveland Browns". NFL.com. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Raiders claim Greg Little on waivers
- Wilkening, Mike (February 27, 2015). "Bengals release Robert Geathers, Greg Little". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (July 30, 2015). "Bengals sign Greg Little". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- Owczarski, Jim (October 31, 2015). "Burfict activated by Bengals, expected to play". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "Bills sign receivers Greg Little, Jarrett Boykin". NBCSports.com.
- Brown, Chris (August 30, 2016). "Reserve/PUP for Shaq Lawson; WR Little among cuts to get to 75". BuffaloBills.com.
- Williams, Charean (June 14, 2018). "Cardinals sign Greg Little, cut Cobi Hamilton". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Urban, Darren (June 15, 2018). "Veteran Receiver Greg Little Signs With Cardinals". AZCardinals.com.
- Urban, Darren (September 1, 2018). "Cardinals Make Cuts To Reach 53-Man Roster". AZCardinals.com.
- Elias Sports Bureau. (2012). Greg Little Stats. Retrieved March 2014, from http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14024/greg-little