Green Frontier (Spanish: Frontera Verde) is a Colombian crime thriller streaming television miniseries, created by Diego Ramírez Schrempp, Mauricio Leiva-Cock, and Jenny Ceballos, that premiered on Netflix on August 16, 2019.[a] The series was directed by Ciro Guerra, Jacques Toulemonde Vidal and Laura Mora Ortega and stars Juana del Río, Nelson Camayo, Ángela Cano, Miguel Dionisio Ramos, Bruno Clairefond, Andrés Crespo, Marcela Mar, Mónica Lopera, Andrés Castañeda, John Narváez, Edwin Morales, Karla López and Antonio Bolívar. It was written by Mauricio Leiva-Cock, Gibran Portela, Camila Brugés, Natalia Santa, Javier Peñalosa, Maria Camila Arias, Anton Goenechea and Nicolás Serrano.
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Cinematography||Paulo Andres Perez|
|Running time||31–48 minutes|
|Production company||Dynamo Producciones|
|Picture format||4K (16:9 UHDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||August 16, 2019|
Green Frontier follows the story of a "young detective and her partner who travel deep into the Amazon, on the border of Brazil and Colombia, to investigate a series of bizarre murders. They soon realize that there’s more intrigue to the jungle than the homicides, as they come across a mysterious indigenous tribe with an extraordinary secret that they will go to great lengths to protect."
Cast and charactersEdit
- Juana del Río as Helena Poveda
- Nelson Camayo as Reynaldo Bueno
- Ángela Cano as Ushe
- Miguel Dionisio Ramos as Yua
- Bruno Clairefond as Joseph Schultz
- Andrés Crespo as Efrain Márquez
- Marcela Mar as Hermana Raquel
- Mónica Lopera as Aura
- Andrés Castañeda as Iván Uribe
- John Narváez as Cayetano
- Edwin Morales
- Karla López as Hermana Esther
- Antonio Bolívar as Wilson Nai
- Gabriella Campagna as Hermana Sonia
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"The Deep Jungle"||Ciro Guerra||Mauricio Leiva-Cock & Gibrán Portela||August 16, 2019|
|2||"The Walkers"||Jacques Toulemonde Vidal||Antón Goenechea & María Camila Arias||August 16, 2019|
|3||"The Tree"||Jacques Toulemonde Vidal||Camila Brugés & Javier Peñalosa||August 16, 2019|
|4||"The Poison"||Jacques Toulemonde Vidal||Natalia Santa & Nicolás Serrano||August 16, 2019|
|5||"The Death"||Laura Mora Ortega||Camila Brugés & Gibrán Portela||August 16, 2019|
|6||"The Seed"||Laura Mora Ortega||Natalia Santa & Antón Goenechea||August 16, 2019|
|7||"The Light"||Laura Mora Ortega||Nicolás Serrano & Gibrán Portela||August 16, 2019|
|8||"The Dark"||Laura Mora Ortega||Mauricio Leiva-Cock & Javier Peñalosa||August 16, 2019|
On November 22, 2017, it was announced that Netflix had given the production a series order for a first season consisting of eight episodes. The series is created by Diego Ramírez Schrempp, Mauricio Leiva-Cock and Jenny Ceballos and executive produced by Schrempp, Ciro Guerra, Andrés Calderón, Jorge Dorado and Cristian Conti. Green Frontier is based on an original idea from Diego Ramírez Schrempp and Jenny Ceballos of Dynamo. The series was directed by Ciro Guerra, Laura Mora Ortega and Jacques Toulemonde Vidal and written by Mauricio Leiva-Cock, Antón Goenechea, Camila Brugrés, Gibrán Portela, Javier Peñalosa, María Camila Arias, Natalia Santa and Nicolás Serrano. Production companies involved with the series were slated to consist of Dynamo Producciones.
Sometime after the series was ordered by Netflix, it was confirmed that Juana del Río, Nelson Camayo and Ángela Cano would star in the series.
- Green Frontier was the first Colombian series commissioned by Netflix, but Distrito Salvaje was streamed first on the service since Green Frontier premiered in August 2019.
- Marie de la Fuente, Anna (November 22, 2017). "Netflix to Make its First Original Colombian Series". Variety. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (November 22, 2017). "Netflix Greenlights Colombian Original Series From 'Narcos' Producer". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Grater, Tom (May 5, 2020). "Antonio Bolivar Dies From Coronavirus: 'Embrace Of The Serpent' Actor Was 72". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 29, 2020.
- "Netflix continues to invest in Colombia with upcoming slate of six diverse original productions". Netflix Media Center. October 8, 2018. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- Mango, Agustin (November 4, 2018). "Inside the Growth in 5 Key Latin American Markets". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- "These are the three original series that Colombia produces for Netflix". El Espectador (in Spanish). March 9, 2018. Retrieved July 22, 2019.
- "This is "Frontera Verde", the Ciro Guerra and Laura Mora series for Netflix". El Espectador (in Spanish). July 29, 2018. Retrieved July 29, 2019.
- "Netflix reveals some details of the Colombian series 'Frontera Verde'". Colombia (in Spanish). July 29, 2019. Retrieved July 29, 2019.
- Tsolakidou, Stella (June 8, 2020). "Green Frontier (Enter, If You Dare)". Films Uncharted. Retrieved July 29, 2020.
- Dry, Jude (August 1, 2019). "'Green Frontier' First Trailer: Ciro Guerra's Netflix Series Serves Up 'Annihilation' Vibes". IndieWire. Retrieved August 3, 2019.
- "Video: Netflix Drops Official Trailer For Green Frontier". Broadway World. August 5, 2019. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- "Green Frontier: Season 1 (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved March 30, 2020.