Great Britain at the 1936 Summer Olympics
Great Britain, represented by the British Olympic Association (BOA), competed at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, Germany. 208 competitors, 171 men and 37 women, took part in 91 events in 17 sports. British athletes have competed in every Summer Olympic Games.
|Great Britain at the|
1936 Summer Olympics
|NOC||British Olympic Association|
|Competitors||208 in 17 sports|
|Flag bearer||Jack Beresford|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
- Miles Bellville, Christopher Boardman, Russell Harmer, Charles Leaf, Leonard Martin — Yachting
- Jack Beresford, Dick Southwood — Double Scull Rowing
- Godfrey Brown, Godfrey Rampling, Freddie Wolff, Bill Roberts — 4 × 400 m Relay Athletics
- Harold Whitlock — 50 km Walk Athletics
- Alan Barrett, Martin Bristow, Peter Jackson, John Sturrock — Rowing Fours
- Godfrey Brown — 400m Athletics
- Audrey Brown, Barbara Burke, Eileen Hiscock, Violet Olney — 4 × 100 m Relay
- David Dawnay, Bryan Fowler, Humphrey Guinness, William Hinde — Polo
- Donald Finlay — 110m Hurdles
- Ernest Harper — Marathon
- Dorothy Tyler-Odam — High Jump
Eleven cyclists, all men, represented Great Britain in 1936.
18 fencers, 16 men and 2 women, represented Great Britain in 1936.
- Charles de Beaumont, Douglas Dexter, Albert Pelling, Ian Campbell-Gray, Terry Beddard, Bertie Childs
Three male pentathletes represented Great Britain in 1936.
- Men's single sculls - Unplaced
- Men's double sculls - Gold
- Men's coxless pair - Unplaced
- Men's coxless four - Silver
- Men's eight - Fourth
- "Great Britain at the 1936 Berlin Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 23 September 2009. Retrieved 31 May 2010.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Great Britain Rowing at the 1936 Berlin Summer Games". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 9 May 2018.