Gravity (Embrace song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Gravity" is the 2004 lead single from Out of Nothing, the fourth album by English rock band Embrace. Written by Coldplay, the song was first performed live by Coldplay in 2002. Ultimately, Coldplay frontman Chris Martin gave the song to Embrace, although Coldplay released their own version in 2005, as a B-side to the single "Talk". "Gravity" peaked at number seven on the UK Singles Chart and earned a Silver sales certification from the British Phonographic Industry in October 2019. The B-side, "Wasted", started off as "Logical Love Song" and was originally conceived during the Drawn from Memory sessions.
|Single by Embrace|
|from the album Out of Nothing|
|Released||30 August 2004|
|Recorded||Olympic Studios, London|
|Songwriter(s)||Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland; Will Champion, Chris Martin.|
|Embrace singles chronology|
"Gravity" later became the theme song to the TV show Mike Bassett: Manager, starring Ricky Tomlinson. The song was also used in series 2 episode 7 of Gavin & Stacey when Nessa was giving birth to "Neil the Baby".
- "Too Many Times"
- "The Shot's Still Ringing"
- "Gravity" (video)
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||200,000|
sales+streaming figures based on certification alone
- "Notowanie nr1183" (in Polish). LP3. 1 October 2004. Retrieved 8 March 2019. Cite magazine requires
- "Official Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "The Official UK Singles Chart 2004" (PDF). UKChartsPlus. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "British single certifications – Embrace – Gravity". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 4 October 2019. Select singles in the Format field. Select Silver in the Certification field. Type Gravity in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.