Grande Communications is a United States telecommunications firm, based in San Marcos, Texas, that uses a fiber optic and cable network to offer broadband services. The company was established in 1999 when it was the recipient of the largest round of venture capital funding in Texas. Grande delivers internet access, local and long-distance telephone service and digital cable over its own network to nine different markets in Texas. Grande Communications serves as the primary provider of cable services for dormitories on the campuses of Texas State University, University of the Incarnate Word, Baylor University and the University of Texas at Austin. It is controlled by private equity firm TPG Capital through its affiliate Patriot Media Consulting. Grande Communications is available to an estimated 1.1 million people, making it the 16th largest provider of cable broadband in the U.S. by coverage area.
|Headquarters||Princeton, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Jim Holanda, CEO|
|Services||High Speed Internet |
Acquisitions and mergersEdit
This section needs to be updated.November 2018)(
On May 22, 2017 RCN Corporation, Wave Broadband and Grande Communications announced the combination of the three companies to create the sixth largest cable operator across seven of the ten top US Cities. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2017 and is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approvals.
These are Grande's speed tiers as of February, 28th, 2018.
|Tier||Download Speed||Upload Speed||DOCSIS|
|Power 50||50 Mbit/s||5 Mbit/s||DOCSIS 3.0|
|Power 300||300 Mbit/s||20 Mbit/s||DOCSIS 3.0|
|Power 600||600 Mbit/s||35 Mbit/s||DOCSIS 3.1|
|Power 1000||1000 Mbit/s||50 Mbit/s or 1000 Mbit/s||DOCSIS 3.1/Fiber|
- "Grande Communications Acquires Thrifty Call". Archived from the original on 2007-10-21.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Grande Communications Overview and Coverage". broadbandnow.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Grande Communications - Internet Service Provider - BroadbandNow". Broadband Now. Retrieved 2017-07-31.
- "RCN, Grande and Wave Broadband Join Forces". www.rcn.com. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- "Get High Speed Internet Service - Grande Communications". mygrande.com. Retrieved 2017-07-31.