Grand Park Hotel is a hotel located in downtown Mandalay, Myanmar. The 31-story tower is the tallest building in the country outside of Yangon. The hotel was partially opened, with 302 rooms available in September 2019, and with another 92 rooms to be ready by December 2019.
|Grand Park Hotel|
|Location||348 84th Road, bet. 39th & 40th streets |
Maha Aungmye, Mandalay 05031
|Coordinates||21°57′45″N 96°04′27″E / 21.9625487°N 96.0742378°E|
|Roof||111.2 m (365 ft) (est.)[note 1]|
- ^ According to Emporis, "Grand Park Hotel". Emporis. Retrieved 2020-04-26., the hotel is 26 stories tall with an estimated height of 93.3 m (306 ft). But Emporis's information is dated. The hotel is 31 stories tall per "Grand Park Hotel in Mandalay". Archived from the original on 2021-05-16. Retrieved 2020-04-26. Using Emporis's floor-to-floor measurement estimate of 3.588 m per floor, a 31-story building would be 111.2 m (365 ft) tall.
Per (CQHP 2017: 20), the minimum required height for hotels in Myanmar is 3.2 m (10.5 ft), meaning a 31-story hotel must be at least 99.2 m (325.5 ft) tall, without accounting for lobby heights or other additional structures that add to the architectural and pinnacle heights.
- ^ "Grand Park Hotel". Grand Park Hotel, Mandalay. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- ^ a b "Grand Park Hotel in Mandalay". Archived from the original on 2021-05-16. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- ^ "Myanmar's tallest buildings - Top 20". EMPORIS. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- "Minimum Standards of Room Heights for High Rise Buildings" (PDF). CQHP, Myanmar. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 2020-04-26.