Gramada Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Грамада) is a small municipality (obshtina) in Vidin Province, Northwestern Bulgaria, located in the Danubian Plain about 8 km southwest of Danube river. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Gramada.
Gramada Municipality within Bulgaria and Vidin Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Gramada|
|• Total||184 km2 (71 sq mi)|
|• Density||13/km2 (34/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The municipality embraces a territory of 184 km² with a population of 2,384 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
The easternmost border of the area is linked by the main road E79 which connects the province centre of Vidin with the city of Montana and respectively with the western operating part of Hemus motorway.
Gramada Municipality includes the following 8 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Milchina Laka||Милчина лъка||72|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English)National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Info website (in Bulgarian)