Graham Broad (born 10 March 1957) is an English drummer who has been playing professionally since the age of fifteen, after attending the Royal College of Music in 1970. He is a former pupil of drumming educator Lloyd Ryan, who also taught Phil Collins the drum rudiments.
|Born||10 March 1957|
Hammersmith, West London, England, United Kingdom
His works have spanned decades with musicians such as Roger Waters, Tina Turner, The Beach Boys, Procol Harum, Jeff Beck, Tom Cochrane and Red Rider, Van Morrison, Bryan Adams, Bill Wyman, Tony Banks and George Michael.
One of the most prolific drummers of the 1980s, his work appeared on Top 10 hits for Bucks Fizz, Dollar, Tina Turner, Bardo, Go West, Five Star, ABC (even appearing in the music video for their smash hit, "When Smokey Sings"), and Wham!.
Broad has been mostly playing with ex-Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters, since 1987, where he played the drums on Waters' Radio K.A.O.S. album and following tour. In 1990, Broad, who had joined Waters' "Bleeding Heart Band", performed onstage during The Wall Concert in Berlin. In 1992, he played on Waters' third solo album, Amused to Death. In 1999, Waters invited him to join him on his In the Flesh tour, which spanned three years from 1999 to 2002. Broad also participated on The Dark Side of the Moon Live tour, which began in June 2006 and was extended with additional shows to finish in the spring of 2008. Broad played with Roger Waters again in The Wall Live (2010–2013), touring North America and Europe.
Broad also plays with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings.
He endorses DW, Evans and Zildjian.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2010)
- Bandit – Bandit (1977)
- Mike Oldfield – Five Miles Out (1982)
- Wham! – Fantastic (1983)
- Culture Club – Colour by numbers (1983)
- Naked Eyes – Fuel for the Fire (1984)
- Tina Turner – Private Dancer (1984)
- Go West – Go West (1985)
- The Beach Boys – The Beach Boys (1985)
- ABC – Alphabet City (1987)
- Roger Waters – Radio K.A.O.S. (1987)
- Roger Waters – Radio K.A.O.S. (tour) (1987–1988)
- The September When - The September When (1989)
- Roger Waters – The Wall – Live in Berlin (1990)
- Tony Banks - Still (1991)
- Bonnie Tyler – Angel Heart (1992)
- Roger Waters – Amused to Death (1993)
- Roger Waters – In the Flesh – Live (1998–1999–2000–2001–2002)
- Roger Waters – The Dark Side of the Moon Live (2006–2007–2008)
- Roger Waters – The Wall Live (concert tour) (2009–2013)
- "The Lloyd Ryan Big Band, Drivin' Force (LR012)". LYTE Records. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Vernon Fitch (2005). The Pink Floyd Encyclopedia (3rd Edition), page 45. Collector's guide publishing.