Gracy Singh (born 20 July 1980 ) is an Indian actress. She is best known for her role in the film Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India. Singh is also a trained Bharatnatyam and Odissi dancer.
Singh in 2011
|Born||20 July 1980|
Born in Delhi, India, Singh began her career touring with the dance group "The Planets". Her first acting role was in the television soap, Amanat. She then went on to star opposite Aamir Khan in Ashutosh Gowariker's epic sports-drama Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India, where she played a village belle. She was nominated in this role for the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut, and won the Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female.
Post Lagaan, Singh appeared in a few successful films in Hindi and Telugu including Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. and Santosham. She has also starred in Punjabi films such as Lakh Pardesi Hoye and a Malayalam film Loudspeaker directed by Jayaraj.
|1997–2002||Amanat||Dinky or Amrita||Hindi||TV series for Zee TV|
|1998||Prithviraj Chauhan||Chakori||Hindi||TV series for Doordarshan|
|1999||Hu Tu Tu||Shanti||Hindi|
|Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain||Maya||Hindi||Credited as Gracy|
|2001||Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India||Gauri||Hindi||Nominated—Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut|
Nominated—IIFA Award for Best Actress
Won—Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer - Female
Won—IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Female
Won—Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut
|2002||Santhosham||Padmavathi||Telugu||Dubbed in Hindi as Pehli Nazar Ka Pehla Pyaar|
|Tappu Chesi Pappu Kudu||Radhika Rani||Telugu|
|2003||Armaan||Dr. Neha Mathur||Hindi|
|2004||Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.||Dr. Suman "Chinki" Asthana||Hindi|
|Shart: The Challenge||Sonam||Hindi|
|2005||Wajahh: A Reason to Kill||Trishna Bhargava||Hindi|
|Yehi Hai Zindagi||Vasundhara Rao||Hindi|
|2006||The White Land||Sudha Patel||Hindi|
|2007||Lakh Pardesi Hoiye||Neha||Punjabi|
|2008||Dekh Bhai Dekh||Babli Lala||Hindi|
|2009||Vighnaharta Shree Siddhivinayak||Herself||Hindi||Guest appearance|
|2009||Aseema||Prof. Aseema L. Patnayak||Hindi|
|2009||Meghave Meghave||Charmi aka Chandramukhi||Kannada|
|2010||Rama Rama Krishna Krishna||Gauthami||Telugu||Cameo appearance|
|2011||Milta Hai Chance By Chance||Megha||Hindi|
|Sai Ek Prerna||Herself||Hindi||Guest appearance|
|2012||Dangerous Ishq||Maharani Meerabai||Hindi|
|Aappan Pher Milange||Gulaab||Punjabi|
|Qayamat Hi Qayamat||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in a song|
|Baba Ramsaa Peer||Dalibai||Gujarati|
|2013||Janta V/S Janardan - Bechara Aam Aadmi||Hindi|
|Mahabharat Aur Barbareek||Morvi||Hindi|
|Blue Mountains||Vani Sharma||Hindi|
|2015–2017||Santoshi Maa||Santoshi Maa / Sadhvi Maa||Hindi||TV series for &TV|
- 2002: Won - IIFA Award for Star Debut of the Year – Female - Special Award for Lagaan
- 2002: Won - Screen Award for Most Promising Newcomer – Female for Lagaan
- 2002: Won - Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut for Lagaan
- 2002: Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for Lagaan
- 2002: Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Telugu for Santhosham
- "Gracy Singh". Indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
Gracy is actually from Punjab, but born in Delhi on July 20, 1980.
- Jha, Sumit (9 July 2016). "Gracy Singh: TV has a wider reach than cinema now". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Bhayani, Viral. "Gracy Singh performs". Deccan Chronicle. Archived from the original on 11 October 2016. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Gracy's Foot Forward". Indian Express. 31 March 2001. Retrieved 22 August 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Gracy Singh Awards". One India. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "'Lagaan', 'DCH' sweep Screen awards - Nation". The Tribune. Chandigarh, India. United News of India. 20 January 2002. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Shrivastava, Vipra (26 November 2015). "Lagaan actress Gracy Singh back on TV after 13 years". India Today. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Mathur, Siddhartha (14 December 2009). "Here's Gracy!". The Indian Express. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Gracy Singh in Loud Speaker". Sify. Retrieved 26 August 2016 – via Moviebuzz.
- Maheshwri, Neha (23 November 2015). "Gracy Singh repeats her 'Lagaan' look on TV". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Santoshi Maa
- Ghosh, Madhusree (17 November 2013). "Samadhi Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 August 2016.