Goya Award for Best Actress
This article includes a list of general references, but it remains largely unverified because it lacks sufficient corresponding inline citations. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Goya Award for Best Actress (Spanish: Premio Goya a la mejor interpretación femenina protagonista) is one of the Goya Awards, Spain's principal national film awards.
|Goya Award for Best Actress|
The 2021 recipient: Patricia López Arnaiz
|Awarded for||Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role|
|Presented by||Academy of Cinematographic Arts and Sciences of Spain (AACCE)|
|First awarded||1987 (for performance in films released during the 1986 film season)|
|Most recent winner||Patricia López Arnaiz |
Ane Is Missing (2020)
Since its inception, the award has been given to 26 actresses. At the 1st Goya Awards ceremony held in 1987, Amparo Rivelles was the first winner of this award for her role in We Must Undo the House. Carmen Maura has received the most awards in this category with three wins. Penélope Cruz was nominated on eleven occasions, winning two times.
Winners and nomineesEdit
In the following table, the years are listed as per Academy convention, and generally correspond to the year of film release; the ceremonies are always held the following year.
|Indicates the winner|
|Year||Actress||Role(s)||English title||Original title||Ref.|
|Patricia López Arnaiz||Lide||Ane Is Missing||Ane|||
|Kiti Mánver||Lola||One Careful Owner||El inconveniente|
|Candela Peña||Rosa||Rosa's Wedding||La boda de Rosa|
Multiple wins and nominationsEdit
The following individuals received two or more Best Actress awards:
The following individuals received three or more Best Actress nominations:
- Alvarado, Esther (8 November 2013). "Muere la actriz Amparo Rivelles". El Mundo (in Spanish). Madrid. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Muere la actriz Amparo Rivelles a los 88 años". Radiotelevisión Española (in Spanish). 7 November 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- Agencias (7 November 2013). "Muere la actriz Amparo Rivelles". 20 Minutos (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Muere Amparo Rivelles". El Cultural (in Spanish). 8 November 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Muere la actriz Amparo Rivelles". Informativos Canal Sur (in Spanish). 7 November 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "La actriz Amparo Rivelles muere a los 88 años". El Periódico de Catalunya (in Spanish). 7 November 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- "Emily Mortimer, la soldado de Coixet para romper la maldición de las nominadas extranjeras". ABC (in Spanish). February 3, 2018. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
- "Najwa Nimri: "No esperaba estar nominada a los Goya"". Europa Press. Madrid. 15 January 2019. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Zas Marcos, Mónica. "Dolor para Amenábar y gloria para Almodóvar en unos Goya 2020 que ignoraron a su niño mimado". eldiario.es. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Nominaciones Premios Goya 2021". premiosgoya.com (in Spanish). 18 January 2021. Retrieved 18 January 2021.
- Ramachandran, Naman (18 January 2021). "Adu, Las Ninas, Akelarre Lead Spain's Goya Nominations". Variety. Retrieved 19 January 2021.
- Roxborough, Scott; Szalai, Georg (18 January 2021). "Netflix Drama Leads Spain's Goya Awards Nominations". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 19 January 2021.