Govilon (Welsh: Gofilon) is a small Welsh village located between Llanfoist and Gilwern near Abergavenny in north Monmouthshire. It is part of the community of Llanfoist Fawr. the population was 1,447 in 2011.
Govilon Wharf on the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
The Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal passes through the village. The village has views overlooking the valley of the River Usk and up to the heights of the southern flank of the Black Mountains, Wales. Llanwenarth House, nearby, was built in the 16th century and is operated as a hotel.
The Llanwenarth Ultra ward (covering Govilon) elects a county councillor to Monmouthshire County Council. Llanwenarth Ultra is also a community ward, electing or co-opting up to six of the twelve community councillors to Llanfoist Fawr Community Council.
- "Custom report - Nomis - Official Labour Market Statistics".
- The County of Monmouthshire (Electoral Changes) Order 2002. legislation.gov.uk. Statutory Instruments. 6 December 2002. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- Llanfoist Fawr Community Councillors, Llanfoist Fawr Community Council. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- The History of Govilon
- Govilon in the Brecon Beacons National Park
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Govilon and surrounding area