Coordinates: Government Science College, Jabalpur is an institution situated in the city of Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India. It was established in 1836, making it one of the oldest colleges in India. It has been accredited with grade 'A' by NAAC. The University Grants Commission (UGC) granted it autonomous status in 1990 and heritage status in 2015.
|Government Model Science College, Jabalpur|
|Robertson College Jabalpur|
|Affiliation||University of Jabalpur|
|Principal||A. L. Mahobia|
- 1836 – Established in the Year 1836 at Saugor (Sagar, Madhya Pradesh)
- 1860 – Collegiate School at Saugor started
- 1873 – Transferred from Saugor to Jabalpur
- 1896 – Degree Courses in Science started
- 1916 – Named as Robertson College
- 1947 - Moved to the present campus as the previous campus was allotted to the Jabalpur Engineering College's Civil engineering department
- 1947 – After Independence the college was renamed as Mahakaushal Mahavidyalaya. Post Graduate Studies started.
- 1962 – Bifurcated into ‘Govt. Science College’ and Mahakaushal Arts & Commerce College.
- 1985 – Declared Model College by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- 1990 – Granted autonomy by the UGC.
- 2002 – Declared "Centre of Excellence in Science Education" by Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- 2002 – Accredited “A” Grade by NAAC.
- 2004 – College with Potential for Excellence by the UGC.
- 2011 – Selected for FIST grant by the Department of Science & Technology.
- 2015 – Received Heritage Status from the UGC.
- 2018 – Declared institute of excellence in higher education (iehe): Government of Madhya Pradesh (02-07-2018).
- 2019 – 3rd cycle NAAC accredited "A" grade.
Government Science College, Jabalpur (MP) India has undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes; offering Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Computer Applications,Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in natural sciences, formal sciences, exact sciences and applied sciences.
- Botany and Microbiology
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- English Language
- Environmental Science
- Hindi Language
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Military Science
- Physics, Electronics, Computer Application and Computer Maintenance
- Zoology and Biotechnology
The notable alumni of the college include:
- "About Us – Government Science College, Jabalpur, MP".
- "Institute Portal". www.mphighereducation.nic.in.
- "Mangaluru college gets heritage tag". Deccan Herald. July 6, 2015.
- "Distinguished Alumni List – Government Science College, Jabalpur, MP".