Government Medical College, Kannauj

Government Medical College, Kannauj (GMC Kannauj), also known as Kannauj Medical College, is a government medical college located in Tirwa of Kannauj district, Uttar Pradesh, India.

Government Medical College, Kannauj
GMCKannauj logo.png
TypeState Medical College
Established2006
Academic affiliations
PrincipalProf DS Martolia[1]
Undergraduates100 per annum[2]
Postgraduates4 per annum
Location, ,
26°58′40″N 79°48′30″E / 26.9779°N 79.8084°E / 26.9779; 79.8084Coordinates: 26°58′40″N 79°48′30″E / 26.9779°N 79.8084°E / 26.9779; 79.8084
CampusKannauj
Websitewww.govtmckannauj.in

The college has guidance and mentorship of Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College.[3]

HistoryEdit

Government Medical College, Kannauj was established by SP government in 2006 as Kannauj Medical College, but classes started only in 2012 when Akhilesh Yadav become C.M. of Uttar Pradesh and the institute become recognized for 100 M.B.B.S. seats by Medical Council of India (MCI).

CoursesEdit

Every year 100 students are allowed to take admission in the M.B.B.S. course[2] by two competitive examinations. The AIPMT accounts for the filling of 15% seats and remaining 85% seats are filled through a state-level entrance examination UP-CPMT. But since 2016, NEET is the only entrance exam.

CampusEdit

The Government Medical College is situated 15 kilometers away from Kannauj at Tirwa Road of the historic city of Kannauj in U.P. The college is at about 3-hour drive from the state capital Lucknow (1.5-hours by expressway) and there is also construction of 4 lane highway along the college for better connectivity to Kannauj city. The nearest railway station is Kannauj Railway Station (KJN) and Lucknow Airport is the nearest airport to the college.

See alsoEdit

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ "Affiliated Colleges". www.kgmu.org. King George's Medical University. Retrieved 6 December 2018.
  2. ^ a b "List of Colleges Teaching MBBS. -Medical Council of India (MCI)". Medical Council of India (MCI). Archived from the original on 7 June 2013.
  3. ^ "पुराने मेडिकल कालेजों को सौंपी बड़े भाई की भूमिका". लिखाई पढ़ाई(Blog) (in Hindi). 18 November 2015.

External linksEdit