Goose is a Belgian electronic rock band consisting of members Mickael Karkousse, Dave Martijn, Tom Coghe, and Bert Libeert.
|Genres||Dance-punk, electronic rock|
|Labels||Skint, !K7, Safari|
|Associated acts||Soulwax, Digitalism, Alex Gopher, The Bloody Beetroots|
Goose was formed in the summer of 2000 in Kortrijk, Belgium. They started writing and recording their own songs, heavily incorporating synthesizers into them. They won Humo's Rock Rally in 2002 and later that year recorded their debut single "Audience" with Teo Miller. Coca-Cola used their debut single for TV adverts across Europe.
They were signed to Skint Records and their debut album Bring It On was released on September 11, 2006. They toured intensively through Europe, and played shows in Australia and Japan.
Goose released their second album Synrise on 18 October 2010. The first single of this album is called 'Words' and was aired on radio for the first time on 10 August 2010. The title song Synrise was remixed by Mumbai Science, Housemeister, Paul Chambers and Soulwax. Jef Neve, a famous Belgian jazz pianist made a classical piano version of this song. The song "Synrise" also appeared in the Dior campaign presenting the Ready-to-Wear Fall collection 2013. The artwork for this album was made by legendary Storm Thorgerson. In January 2011 they won two (Flemish) Music Industry Awards, for best dance/electronical music and best artwork.
The third album Control Control Control was released on 8 April 2013 in the UK. It was recorded live in the studio, by Paul Stacey (Noel Gallagher) and Dave Sardy (Oasis, ZZ Top). It was very well received- The Guardian even described them as an "onstage powerhouse, successfully bridging the gap between electronic music and rock" - and they had the chance to headline big festivals such as Rock Werchter, Pukkelpop and I Love Techno. For this festival they could even host a whole room. The line-up for this room was filled with friends of theirs like The Bloody Beetroots, Digitalism, Gesaffelstein, Annie Mac and DJ Falcon.
Their fourth album is called What You Need was recorded in Los Angeles with Jason Falkner and was released on April 4, 2016. Cover art was by fashion photographer Willy Vanderperre.
- Bring It On, Skint Records (11 September 2006) #17 BE #79 NL
- Synrise !K7 Records(18 October 2010)
- Control Control Control Safari Records (12 October 2012)
- What You Need, Safari Records (4 April 2016) #1 BE
- "Audience" (24 May 2002)
- "Good Times" (2004)
- "Black Gloves", Skint Records (16 July 2006)
- "British Mode", Skint Records (1 October 2006)
- "Low Mode", Skint Records (18 February 2007)
- "Bring It On", Skint Records (6 June 2007)
- "Words", !K7 Records (16 August 2010)
- "Can't Stop Me Now", !K7 Records (15 November 2010)
- "Synrise", !K7 Records (7 March 2011)
- "Synrise", Music Mania Records (12" picture disc by Storm Thorgerson, exclusive Soulwax remix)
- "Real" (2012)
- "Control" (2012)
- "Your Ways" (2013)
- "So Long" (2016)
- "What You Need" (2016)
- SX - Gold
- Shitdisco - I Know Kung Fu
- White Lies (band) - There Goes Our Love Again
- Scissor Sisters - She's My Man
- Mixhell - Highly Explicit
- The Bloody Beetroots - Black Gloves
- Soulwax - Synrise
- Daft Punk - Son Of Flynn
- Martin Solveig - C'est La Vie
- Jamaica - Short and Entertaining
- Jessie Ware - Night Light (Unofficial)
Music in TV showsEdit
- "Check": CSI: NY, Season 3, Episode 1 ("People with Money") (20 September 2006)
- "Trendsetter": Chuck, Season 1, Episode 7 ("Chuck vs. the Alama Mater") (5 November 2007)
- "Bring It On": Dirty Sexy Money
- "Audience": CSI: Miami, Season 6, Episode 10 ("CSI: My Nanny") (20 April 2008)
- "Synrise (Soulwax remix)": Used to advertise Season 2 of Utopia on Channel 4 in the UK (July 2014)
|2006||Bring It On|
|2012||Control! Control! Control!|
|2016||What You Need|
Music in filmsEdit
Music in gamesEdit
- "Twee MIA's voor The Black Box Revelation, Goose en Stromae". Het Laatste Nieuws (in Dutch). 7 January 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Retrieved 2014-01-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goose.|