Good Day (The Dresden Dolls song)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Good Day" is the debut single by The Dresden Dolls duo, taken from the self-titled debut album The Dresden Dolls. It was originally released by Important Records in December 2003 in an edition of 500 on white vinyl. The set also included a photograph signed by Amanda Palmer and Brian Viglione. The 7" was later reissued in October 2005 on Palmer's own 8 Ft. Records during the band's Fall 2005 North American tour. The cover of the reissue depicted a painting by Barnaby Whitfield that recreated the photo from the original release.
|Single by The Dresden Dolls|
|from the album The Dresden Dolls|
|Genre||Dark cabaret, piano rock|
|The Dresden Dolls singles chronology|
The B-side, "A Night at the Roses," features a noticeably different sound from the band's usual material, with Palmer contributing vocals and tambourine, and Viglione playing the electric guitar. The song was only available on this single on vinyl until 2007, when Important included it on the IMPREC100 - A Users Guide to the First 100 Important Releases compilation CD. The song was also made available as part of a digital download for No, Virginia... on June 10, 2008 and as an unlisted bonus track with the full album download for the A Is for Accident re-release at bandcamp.com.
- Side A: "Good Day" - 5:51
- Side B: "A Night At the Roses" - 4:54
- The Dresden Dolls Companion, by Amanda Palmer, eight foot music publishing, June, 2006, ISBN 1-57560-888-X ISBN 978-1575608884
- "Apr. 16, 2008 Dresden Dolls e-mail list". Madison House Inc. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- http://dresdendolls.bandcamp.com/album/a-is-for-accident Bandcamp's "A Is For Accident" page.