Gone Kesh (transl. Hair gone) is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language comedy drama film written and directed by debutant Qasim Khallow and produced by Dhiraj Ghosh. The film follows the story of a teenage girl who is an aspiring dancer but is diagnosed with alopecia, a condition where she starts losing hair rapidly. It stars Shweta Tripathi and Jitendra Kumar in the lead roles, while Vipin Sharma, Deepika Amin and Brijendra Kala appear in supporting roles. Gone Kesh was released on 29 March 2019.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Qasim Khallow|
|Produced by||Dhiraj Ghosh|
|Written by||Qasim Khallow|
|Edited by||Ashutosh Matela|
Dhirendra Nath Ghosh Films
|Distributed by||Eros International|
The official trailer of the film was released on 13 March 2019. By 29 March, it had been viewed more than 713,000 times, after it was linked to a short video made by TVF (the viral fever) and RVCJ with the same star cast.
Renuka Vyavahare of The Times Of India gives three and a half stars out of five and says, "Despite the film’s languid pace, this one’s a winner — hair or no hair. It also reminds you that good people end up with good people, always." Hindustan Times rates the film with two and half stars out of five and states "...despite its short-comings, Gone Kesh, is one feeble yet brave attempt." Anupama Chopra of Film Companion gives two and half stars out of five with remarks, "Warm and humorous but may have been better as a short film." and concludes the review as, "Despite the right intentions and strong performances, the sweetness of the story barely lingers." Rahul Desai writing for Film Companion gives three and half stars out of five and finds it, "disarmingly simple and well-acted story that resists the temptation of looking good in order to feel good." Nandini Ramnath of Scroll.in writes, "The parents turn out to be the movie’s most beautiful characters. Vipin Sharma and Deepika Amin turn out solid performances, and movingly portray a couple who have sacrificed their dreams for their only daughter."
|Soundtrack album by |
Kanish Sharma, Bharath-Hitarth and Bishakh Jyoti
|Released||22 March 2019 |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
The music of the film is composed by Kanish Sharma, Bharath-Hitarth and Bishakh Jyoti while the lyrics are penned by Devendra Kafir, Majaal and Bharath Menaria. The Background Score is composed by Sanchit Choudhary and Bishakh Jyoti
|1.||"Bibi"||Devendra Kafir||Kanish Sharma||Shahid Mallya, Asees Kaur||3:23|
|2.||"Dil Dhoondhata He"||Majaal||Kanish Sharma||Mohan Kannan||3:23|
|3.||"Me Udi"||Bharath Menaria||Bharath-Hitarth||Yashita Sharam||4:20|
|4.||"Beimani Se"||Majaal||Bishakh Jyoti||Mahalakshmi Iyer||6:15|
|5.||"Nuskha Tarana"||Majaal||Kanish Sharma||Kavita Seth||4:12|
- "Gone Kesh: Shweta Tripathi plays an aspiring dancer suffering from alopecia in upcoming film". Firstpost. 14 March 2019. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Digital Review: Shweta Tripathi's film 'Gone Kesh' trailer, which was weak in editing on Idea Dhamdar". Amar Ujala. 14 March 2019. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Gone Kesh trailer: Shweta Tripathi impresses as the teen struggling with Alopecia". Hindustan Times. 14 March 2019. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "'Gone Kesh' trailer: Shweta Tripathi goes head-to-head with hair loss". Scroll.in. 14 March 2019. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "'Gone Kesh' Trailer: Shweta Tripathi Inspires in Film on Alopecia". The Quint. 15 March 2019. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "श्वेता त्रिपाठी का नया रूप, फिल्म Gone kesh के जरिए देंगी समाज को यह संदेश". Dainik Jagran (in Hindi). 15 March 2019. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Tripathi, Ritu (15 March 2019). "'गॉन केश' का ट्रेलर रिलीज, सामने आया बिना बाल वाली लड़की का दिल झझकोरने वाला स्ट्रगल" (in Hindi). Zee News. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "When you date a bania (ft. jeetu and Shweta Tripathi) - Gone Kesh RVCJ". Facebook. TVF Originals and RVCJ movies.
- "When you date a bania |ft. Jeetu and Shweta Tripathi | Gone Kesh |RVCJ". YouTube. RVCJ.
- Vyavahare, Renuka. "GONE KESH MOVIE REVIEW". Times of India. Retrieved 29 March 2019.
- "Gone Kesh movie review: A story of a girl struggling with hair loss is a feeble yet brave attempt". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 29 March 2019.
- Chopra, Anupama (29 March 2019). "Gone Kesh Movie Review: Warm And Humorous But May Have Been Better As A Short Film". Film Companion. Retrieved 29 March 2019.
- Desai, Rahul (29 March 2019). "Gone Kesh Movie Review: Manipulation Done Right In This Sweet Take On The Social Stigma Syndrome". Film Companion. Retrieved 29 March 2019.
- Ramnath, Nandini (29 March 2019). "'Gone Kesh' movie review: An uneven saga about hair loss and rediscovered confidence". Scroll.in.
- "Gone Kesh - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.