Goldie & Bear
Goldie & Bear is an American animated preschool television series which began on September 12, 2015. The show was created for Disney Junior by Jorge Aguirre and Rick Gitelson. It was directed by Chris Gilligan and produced using CGI animation. It featured songs by Rob Cantor and score by Greg Nicolett and Gregory James Jenkins. Season one was produced by Milk Barn Animation and lasted from September 12, 2015 to August 15, 2016. The show was renewed for a second season in 2016, which was produced by Titmouse, Inc, that ran from September 18, 2017 to October 1, 2018.
|Goldie & Bear|
|Created by||Jorge Aguirre and Rick Gitelson|
|Based on||Goldilocks and the Three Bears|
|Written by||Rick Gitelson|
|Directed by||Chris Gilligan (all)|
|Voices of||Natalie Lander|
|Opening theme||"Goldie And Bear" Performed by Adrianne Dayle Nigg|
|Ending theme||"Goldie And Bear" (Instrumental)|
Gregory James Jenkins
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||45 (133 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Chris Gilligan|
Jorge Aguirre (co) (Season 1)
Shannon Prynoski (Season 2)
|Running time||approx. 30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Milk Barn Entertainment (Season 1)|
Titmouse, Inc. (Season 2)
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Junior|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||September 12, 2015 –|
October 1, 2018
The series centers on Goldie Locks and little Jack Bear, who after the incident in the Bear's house end up being best friends. Throughout the series, they venture around Fairy Tale Forest as they meet other characters from various fairy tales such as Little Red Riding Hood, Three Little Pigs, Humpty Dumpty, Jack Horner, among others.
- Goldie Locks (voiced by Natalie Lander) – An 11-year-old girl who becomes best friends with Jack Bear after accidentally breaking his favorite chair. She wears a blue dress, a pink bow in her golden hair, white stockings with a light purple stripe on top, and pink shoes. Neither of her parents appeared until her father Robin Locks appeared in the season 1 finale "When Goldie Met Bear." In the season 2 premiere "Goldie's High-Flying Adventure", her mother Mrs. Locks is introduced.
- Jack Bear (voiced by Georgie Kidder) – Mama & Papa Bear's 8-year-old son who met Goldie after she accidentally broke his favorite chair. At first, he and Goldie don't get along but they later forgive each other and go on many adventures together.
- Mama Bear (voiced by Mary Birdsong) – Jack Bear's mother who is an excellent cook and baker. She is also a world-renowned troll tamer.
- Papa Bear (voiced by Barry Wiggins) – Jack Bear's father who is an excellent builder. He also likes to go fishing and sometimes takes his son Jack Bear along.
- Robin Locks (voiced by Michael McKean) – Goldie's father who is the Fairytale Forest barber. He debuted in "When Goldie Met Bear" and has made several appearances in season 2.
- Marian Locks (voiced by Jane Lynch) – Goldie's mother who travels around the world collecting items her customers are looking to buy. She uses a special wheelchair that can connect to her cart (which she uses to fly around the world) and has many helpful gadgets. She is first mentioned in "When Goldie Met Bear" and officially debuted in the Season 2 premier "Goldie's Great Adventure".
- Grandma May – Goldie's grandmother and Marian's mother. She travels all over the world and sends Goldie various treasures. She debuted in "Goldie's Do Over Day" with a dramatic entrance.
- Magic Gnome (voiced by David Lodge) – A friendly gnome who lives in a tree in Fairytale Forest. He can often be found helping anyone who needs it and anyone who does find him receives one wish (but only the first time). He has a very large family which include his cousin the Magic Cobbler who makes Bear special shoes that teach him how to dance, his nephew Adorable Norm "Normy", and his other cousin (one of many) Rumpelstiltskin who can turn any object into gold.
- Aloysius the Big Bad Wolf (voiced by Jim Cummings) – A wolf who is also called Big Bad. Whenever he isn't huffing and puffing and blowing down other people's homes, he steals muffins, cakes, and other goodies from either Little Red Riding Hood or from people's windowsills. Despite his big bad exterior, he has a softer side that comes out from time to time. He likes playing with kittens and is quite the drummer (though he prefers to be a "lone wolf" when it comes to performing).
- Phil the Good Wolf (voiced by Tom Kenny) – Aloysius' older brother who is known as the Big Good Wolf because of his kindness and ability to help others.
- Little Red Riding Hood (voiced by Justine Huxley) An 11-year-year-old girl is also called Little Red. She has brown hair and green eyes and wears a red cape and hood that her grandmother had given her. In "Do You Know The Muffin Kids", it is revealed that Red's father is the Muffin Man.
- Granny (voiced by Philece Sampler) – Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother.
- Humpty Dumpty (voiced by Mitchell Whitfield) – A book-loving egg who is usually just called Humpty. He is often seen reading one of his books on his stone wall or swimming with his egg group known as the Sunny Side Up Club.
- Jack (voiced by Miles Brown) – The 5-year-old brother of Jill. He is sometimes called Little Jack.
- Jill (voiced by Marsai Martin) – The 7-year-old sister of Jack.
- Fairy Godmother (voiced by Lesley Nicol) – A kind-hearted fairy who grants people's wishes, but she sometimes messes up her spells and fixes them up immediately.
- The Three Little Pigs – Each has a name themed after their construction material.
- The King's Men – The servants of the King.
- The Trolls – Creatures who live under the bridge and like shiny objects.
- Troll #1 (voiced by Bayardo DeMurguia)
- Troll #2 (voiced by Jim Cummings)
- Prince Charming (voiced by Scott Foley) – The Fairytale Forrest prince who looks out for his subjects and is good friends with Goldie and Bear.
- Jack (voiced by David Kaufman) – A 10-year-old boy who lives in a barn with his pet goose Goosey, the goose who lays the golden eggs and Cow, the cow who jumps over the moon once a year. He is good friends with the Giant who lives at the top of the bean stock. He is also an excellent drummer.
- Giant (voiced by Jim Cummings) – A friendly giant who lives in the clouds at the top of the bean stock. He often loses his things, which end up in Fairytale Forrest below and loves joining in the fun.
- Little Old Woman (voiced by Justine Huxley) – A kind woman who lives in a shoe with her many children. She is a tough negotiator but is also very kind. She and her children debuted in "Fee Fi Fo Shoe".
- Jack B. Nimble (voiced by Justin Felbinger) – A 10-year-old boy who is often rude and selfish. He enjoys playing buttercup ball and dreams of becoming famous.
- Jack Horner (voiced by Miles Brown) – A 5 year old little boy who is fond of plum pie and drawing. He likes buttercup ball and while he is not very good at playing he can draw up winning plays for his friends.
- Frog – A frog who is good friends with Goldie and Bear. He was the first to meet Goldie when she moved to Fairytale Forrest and can often be seen following close behind on her adventures.
- Ginger (voiced by Maya Ritter) – A kind witch who lives in the forest and has a purple cat named Sprinkles.
- Brian (voiced by Thomas Lennon) – A mouse who is convinced he is bad luck until Goldie and Bear realize he needs glasses. He debuted in "Hickory Dickory Brian" where it is revealed to the clock fixer Hickory Dickory Dock. In "The Royal Cheese Mystery" his appreciation for and knowledge of cheese comes in handy when cheese goes missing.
- Thumbelina (voiced by Debby Ryan) – Thumbelina is a small girl that is Goldie and Bear's babysitter.
- Little Witch Rosita (voiced by Isabella Day) – A young witch who lost her broom Ryo and befriends Goldie and Bear.
- Vern the Inchworm (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) – An inchworm who is trying to find the Fairy Fly Tree in the Enchanted Forrest.
- Skippy the Dragon (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) – A baby dragon who lives on Misty Mountain with his mom. He is very good friends with Bear who he befriended soon after he hatched.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||43||22||September 12, 2015||August 15, 2016|
|2||45||23||September 18, 2017||October 1, 2018|
The series premiered on Disney Junior on September 12, 2015 in the U.S, and in Canada on the Disney Junior block on Disney Channel on September 18, 2015, and TVNZ2 and on TVNZ KidZone programming block on TVNZ2 in New Zealand.
In August 2016, Just Play released a line of toys based on the series available exclusively at Toys R Us.
Home media is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
|Title||Release Date||Episodes||Additional Features|
|Goldie & Bear: Best Fairytale Friends||April 19, 2016||
||Playtime fun set|
- "Disney Junior's Animated Series 'Goldie & Bear' to Premiere Saturday, September 12 on WATCH Disney Junior Platforms".
- Thumbulina's Wild Ride/Big Bad House Guest, retrieved 2018-12-11
- "Disney Junior Greenlights 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'-Inspired Series (Exclusive)".
- "Disney Junior Picks up 'Goldie & Bear'". Animation World Network. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Natalie Lander - 31 Character Images". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2015-08-20). "'Goldie & Bear' on WATCH Disney Junior Sept. 12". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Mary Birdsong | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2017-09-14). "Exclusive Clip: Jane Lynch & Michael McKean Reunite in 'Goldie & Bear'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Netflix Movies Starring David Lodge". Netflix Movies.
- Gavin, Michael (2017-04-26). "Disney Villain Digest: How The Big Bad Wolf has huffed and puffed his way through Disney history". Inside the Magic. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- Goldie and Bear (TV Series 2015– ), retrieved 2018-12-11
- "EXCLUSIVE: Kids from black-ish star in Disney's new animated show, "Goldie & Bear."". The Chocolate Voice. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Marsai Martin | TV Guide". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Bear Who Would Be King". Goldie & Bear.
- "Goldie & Bear". Zap2it. Retrieved January 7, 2018.