Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical
The Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association as a separate category in 1951. Previously, there was a single award for "Best Actress in a Motion Picture", but the splitting allowed for recognition of it and the Best Actress – Drama.
|Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical|
The 2019 recipient: Awkwafina
|Awarded for||Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical|
|Currently held by||Awkwafina for The Farewell (2019)|
The formal title has varied since its inception. In 2005, it was officially called "Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical". As of 2014[update], the wording is "Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical".
Winners and nomineesEdit
This section includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Academy Award for Best Actress
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actress
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role