Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical(Redirected from Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy)
The Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association as a separate category in 1951. Previously, there was a single award for "Best Actress in a Motion Picture" but the splitting allowed for recognition of it and the Best Actress – Drama.
|Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy|
|Awarded for||Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical or Comedy|
|Currently held by||Saoirse Ronan for Lady Bird (2017)|
The formal title has varied since its inception. In 2005, it was officially called: "Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical". As of 2014[update], the wording is "Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy".
- "†" indicates an Academy Award-winning performance.
- "‡" indicates an Academy Award nomination.
- "§" indicates a Golden Globe Award-winning performance that was not nominated for an Academy Award.
Winners and nomineesEdit
This section includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 3 wins
- Julie Andrews (2 consecutive)
- Rosalind Russell (2 consecutive)
- 2 wins
- Amy Adams (consecutive)
- Annette Bening
- Diane Keaton
- Nicole Kidman
- Jennifer Lawrence
- Shirley MacLaine
- Bette Midler
- Sissy Spacek
- Meryl Streep
- Barbra Streisand
- Kathleen Turner (consecutive)
- Renee Zellweger
- Academy Award for Best Actress
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actress
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actress in a Comedy
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role