Golan Gutt (Hebrew: גולן גוט; born November 7, 1994) is an Israeli professional basketball player for Ironi Ness Ziona of the Israeli Premier League. Standing at 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m), Gutt plays at the shooting guard position.
|No. 14 – Ironi Ness Ziona|
|League||Israeli Basketball Premier League|
|Born||November 7, 1994|
|Listed height||1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|NBA draft||2016 / Undrafted|
|2011–2013||Hapoel Lev Hasharon|
|2013–2015||Hapoel Tel Aviv|
|2015–2016||Maccabi Rishon LeZion|
|2016–2020||Ironi Nes Ziona|
|2020–2021||Maccabi Rishon LeZion|
|2021–present||Ironi Ness Ziona|
|Career highlights and awards|
Early years (2011–2016)Edit
Gutt started his professional career with Hapoel Lev Hasharon of the Liga Leumit in the 2011–12 season.
On August 11, 2013, Gutt signed a three-year contract with Hapoel Tel Aviv. In his second season with Hapoel Tel Aviv, Gutt was loaned to Maccabi Ra'anana of the Liga Leumit. In 12 games for Ra'anana, he averaged 6.1 points, 2 rebounds and 1 assist per game.
Ironi Nes Ziona (2016–2020)Edit
On August 23, 2016, Gutt signed a two-year deal with Ironi Nes Ziona of the Liga Leumit. In his first season with Nes Ziona, Gutt helped Nes Ziona promote to the Israeli Premier League. On November 7, 2017, Gutt scored a season-high 21 points in his 23rd birthday, shooting 6-for-6 from three-point range in an 87–77 win over Maccabi Ashdod.
On July 10, 2018, Gutt signed a one-year contract extension with Ironi Nes Ziona. On May 20, 2019, Gutt recorded a career-high 23 points, along with four rebounds, two assists and three steals in a 91–90 win over Hapoel Gilboa Galil. In 36 Israeli League games played during the 2018–19 season, he averaged 10.7 points, 3.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.4 steals per game. Gutt helped Nes Ziona reach the 2019 Israeli League Playoffs, where they eventually were eliminated by Hapoel Eilat.
On July 8, 2019, Gutt re-signed with Nes Ziona for the 2019–20 season.
Maccabi Rishon LeZion (2020–2021)Edit
Ironi Ness Ziona (2021–present)Edit
National team careerEdit
Gutt is a member of the Israeli national basketball team. On February 21, 2019, Gutt made his first appearance for the Israeli team in an 81–77 win over Germany, scoring eight points off the bench.
Gutt's father, Danny, is a former professional basketball player and current coach. Gutt is also the nephew of the former basketball player and current head coach David Blatt and cousin of current basketball player Tamir Blatt.
- "קרלון בראון חתם לעונה בהפועל ת"א". nrg.co.il (in Hebrew). August 11, 2013. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "גולן גוט חתם בראשל"צ: "יש לי תחושה טובה"". nrg.co.il (in Hebrew). July 23, 2015. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "נשאר כתום: גולן גוט חתם בעירוני נס ציונה". one.co.il (in Hebrew). August 23, 2016. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- ""הכל התחבר לי, הקבוצה חיפשה אותי"". basket.co.il (in Hebrew). November 7, 2017. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "נשאר כתום: גולן גוט ממשיך בנס ציונה". basket.co.il (in Hebrew). July 10, 2018. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "Winner League, Game 33: Gilboa Galil Vs Nes Ziona". basket.co.il. May 20, 2019. Retrieved July 8, 2019.
- "שומרים על הסגל: גוט ממשיך בלב המושבה". basket.co.il (in Hebrew). July 8, 2019. Retrieved July 8, 2019.
- "Golan Gutt returns to Maccabi Rishon". Sportando. August 10, 2020. Retrieved August 10, 2020.
- "Israel v Germany boxscore - FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 European Qualifiers". fiba.basketball. February 21, 2019. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- "Gutt at the 2014 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship". fibaeurope.com. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "קשר משפחתי: הבנים של בלאט ודני גוט במכביה". ynet.co.il (in Hebrew). June 25, 2013. Retrieved October 13, 2018.