Goh Wei Ming
Kevin Goh Wei Ming (born 7 July 1983) is a chess player from Singapore. He is a seven-time Singaporean champion (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2017) and has represented Singapore in the Chess Olympiad since 2004.
In 2000 he won the boys under 18 section at the 1st ASEAN Age Group Chess Championships in Vũng Tàu, Vietnam. At the 2005 Southeast Asian Games, Goh won two bronze medals, in the men's standard individual event and in the teams' one. In 2010 he played in Singapore the first game of an exhibition blitz match between top Singaporean players and Garry Kasparov. In March 2011, in Hungary, he won back to back the First Saturday GM tournament in Budapest and the Caissa GM tournament in Kecskemét; in this latter he achieved his first norm required for the title of Grandmaster. The next year, Goh gained his second norm at the Asian Nations Cup in Zaozhuang, China, where he played for team Singapore. In 2018, he finished second, behind Tsegmed Batchuluun, in the QCD-Prof Lim Kok Ann Grandmasters Invitational tournament, held in Singapore, also achieving his third and final grandmaster norm. Goh was awarded the title of Grandmaster by FIDE in 2020, when his Elo rating exceeded 2500.
- Men's Chess Olympiads: Kevin Goh Wei Ming. OlimpBase.
- "1st ASEAN Age Group Championships 2000". ASEAN Chess Confederation. Archived from the original on 9 January 2004. Retrieved 23 March 2016.
- "Kasparov promotes chess in Singapore". ChessVibes. 25 August 2010. Archived from the original on 29 August 2010. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- Urcan, Olimpiu G.; Tay, Junior (16 August 2010). "Kasparov in Singapore Part Two". SingaporeChessNews.com. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2010.
- March 2011 First Saturday GM Tournament. chess-results.com.
- Title applications. 2nd quarter Presidential Board Meeting 2018, July 8-11, Bucharest, ROU. FIDE.
- "Asian Nations Cup – China wins both sections". Chess News. ChessBase. 27 May 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- Tay, Junior (21 July 2018). "First GM norm event in Singapore since last century". Chess News. ChessBase. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- Sazali Abdul Aziz (10 April 2020). "Chess: Kevin Goh becomes Singapore's first grandmaster in 21 years". The Straits Times. Retrieved 9 July 2020.
- Goh, Wei Ming Kevin rating card at FIDE
- Wei Ming Kevin Goh player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- ChessBase.com - Chess News - Goh Weiming Ready for war over the board
- IM Kevin Goh's Chess Site
- SCN Articles by IM Goh Wei Ming
|This biographical article relating to a Singaporean chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|