Godrej & Boyce
Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. (G&B) is the flagship company of the Godrej Group. Established in 1897 in Mumbai, India, G&B is a privately held company with a presence across 10 industries – from building complex and custom engineering solutions for critical industries like aerospace, defense, clean energy, railways and automotive to manufacturing branded goods.
Aerospace & Defense
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, |
|Jamshyd Godrej (Chairman & managing director)|
|Products||Home Appliances |
Systems for Aerospace
|Brands||Godrej Interio U&US India Circus Godrej Appliances|
|Revenue||US$1.323 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
Headquartered in Pirojshanagar at Vikhroli, Mumbai, India, Godrej and Boyce also offers products in Europe, U.S., Middle East, Africa and South East Asia.
Mr. Jamshyd Godrej is the company's chairman and managing director.
Godrej & Boyce's story began as part of India's Swadeshi movement – the original 'Make in India' movement. Founded by Ardeshir Godrej (1868–1936), a serial innovator and inventor along with his brother Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej, who focused on manufacturing.
In Business Today B.K. Karanjia, in his book, Godrej: A Hundred Years, quotes a testimonial: A survivor of another fire in 1914 says of the family safe: "Being Godrej's, we were confident the papers [inside] would be found intact, but some of us had doubts about the safety of the pearls. On opening the safe, we were all agreeably surprised to see that the pearls were perfectly safe and as lustrous as before the fire." Even King George V and Queen Mary used a Godrej safe to store valuables on their 1911 India visit for the Delhi durbar.
Godrej & Boyce Business UnitsEdit
- Godrej Aerospace
- Godrej Appliances
- Godrej Construction
- Godrej Electrical & Electronics
- Godrej Interio
- Godrej Locking Solutions & Systems
- Godrej Lawkim Motors
- Godrej Material Handling
- Godrej Precision Engineering
- Godrej Process Equipment
- Godrej Security Solutions
- Godrej Storage Solutions
- Godrej Tooling
- Godrej Vending
- Godrej Koerber
- Godrej Infotech
As a part of its Good & Green strategy, the company focuses on three pillars:
- Ensuring employability
- Building a greener India
- Innovating for Good & Green Products
Major subsidiaries and affiliatesEdit
- Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
- Godrej Infotech Ltd.
- Godrej Korber
- Veromatic International B.V.
- Godrej (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Godrej (Vietnam) Co. Ltd.
- Godrej & Khimji (Middle East) LLC.
- Godrej Americas Inc.
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Ajay Pimparkar (CEO)|
Godrej Infotech Ltd is a software services and consulting company headquartered in Mumbai, India. Godrej Infotech, a division of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., commenced operations as a separate corporate entity on 1 April 1999. Godrej Infotech is a part of the diversified GODREJ group. It was started as Godrej & Boyce software division to implement ERP.
The Company's quality certifications include SEI-CMM Level 4 and ISO-9001:2008 Quality Systems Certification. The Company has started re-appraisal under SEI CMM ML 5 for all of its major software development centers in India
In 2014, Godrej Infotech extended its 15-year partnership with the Infor Partner Network (IPN), to sell a wider range of Infor's applications throughout the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
- "Godrej & Boyce products remain iconic".
- "Godrej Infotech Ltd. (GITL) has been recognised as the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle Member – the only one amongst 150+ partners in India". I-newswire.com. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- "Godrej Infotech | Next Gen ERP, Cloud & Digital Solution Provider". www.godrejinfotech.com. Retrieved 30 July 2021.
- "Newswire – PR / Godrej Infotech Ltd Recognised As the Microsoft Dynamics Inner Circle Member – Software – Godrej Infotech Limited". NewswireToday. 13 January 2010. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- "Godrej Infotech to launch ERP package for SMEs". The Hindu Business Line. 26 August 2003. Retrieved 19 July 2010.
- "ERP propels accelerated growth at Godrej & Boyce – Enterprise Software in India – Express Computer India". Expresscomputeronline.com. 29 July 2002. Archived from the original on 2 March 2012. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Corporate Profile – Godrej InfoTech Limited". Godrejinfotech.com. Archived from the original on 24 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Godrej Infotech Extends Middle East Responsibilities Within Infor Partner Network". www.infor.com. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2019.