Gloucestershire Northern Senior League
The Gloucestershire Northern Senior League is a football competition based in England founded in 1922. The league is affiliated to the Gloucestershire County FA. It has two divisions, Division One and Division Two, with Division One sitting at level 12 of the English football league system. This league is a feeder to the Gloucestershire County League. The Cheltenham League, Stroud and District League and North Gloucestershire League are feeders to the GNSL.
|Number of teams||32|
|Level on pyramid||Levels 12 to 13|
|Feeder to||Gloucestershire County League|
|Promotion to||Gloucestershire County League|
|Relegation to||Cheltenham Association League Division One|
North Gloucestershire League Premier Division
Stroud and District League Division One
|League cup(s)||Reg Davis Memorial Cup|
|Current champions||Sharpness |
In the 2018–19 season, Sharpness won the Division One title, while Woolaston were top of Division Two.
A number of clubs in the NSL have played in the Gloucestershire County League or higher but have dropped back into lower tier football. Notable clubs include:
- Harrow Hill joined the County League in 1982/83 and gained promotion to the Hellenic Football League.
- Stonehouse Town were original member of the County League and competed in the competition for 20 years until 1988. From 1947 until 1960 the club played in the Western Football League.
Among the clubs that have left the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League and now compete at a higher level are:
- "Football Club History Database – Harrow Hill". Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- "Football Club History Database – Stonehouse". Retrieved 29 May 2011.
- "Gloucestershire Northern Senior League – Previous NSL Seasons". Archived from the original on 29 September 2011. Retrieved 31 May 2011.
- "Gloucestershire Northern Senior League". FA (Full-Time League). 2016–17. Retrieved 29 July 2018.CS1 maint: date format (link)
|This article about an English association football competition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|