Solution to global issues requires cooperation among nations.
In their book Global Issudfdfsource=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false Global Issues], 2012, Foreword"</ref>
Theories like the world-system theory and the Gaia hypothesis focus on the inter dependency aspect of environmental and economic issues. Among the most evident environmental problems are overpopulation, resource depletion, pollution, water pollution, waste and waste disposal, ocean acidification, acid rain, ozone layer depletion, global warming/climate change, loss of biodiversity and habitat loss, deforestation, and urban sprawl.
No single issue can be isolated. For example, habitat loss and climate change adversely affect biodiversity. Deforestation and pollution are direct consequences of overpopulation and both, in turn, affect biodiversity. While overpopulation locally leads to rural flight, this is more than counterbalanced by accelerating urbanization and urban sprawl.
- Global catastrophic risk
- Human impact on the environment
- Ecological footprint
- Global justice
- Social justice
- Global Rights
- Global governance
- Global change
- World Community Grid
- World War
- Developing country
- Global recession
- Climate change
- Human security
- Energy crisis
- Peak oil
- Financial crisis
- Species extinction
- Global warming controversy
- Ozone depletion and climate change
- Mass surveillance
- World-systems theory
- Environmental social science
- Intergovernmental organization
- List of United Nations peacekeeping missions
- Center for Global Food Issues
- Earth Economics
- Liu Institute for Global Issues
- World Trade Organization
- International Monetary Fund
- World Economic Forum
- Washington consensus
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Bhargava, Vinay (2006). Global issues for global citizens : an introduction to key development challenges (PDF). Washington, D.C.: World Bank. ISBN 9780821367315. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Global Education First Initiative - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization".
- Rinkesh (27 June 2014). "15 Current Environmental Problems That Our World is Facing - Conserve Energy Future".
- "The World's 6 Most Pressing Environmental Issues".
- "NRDC - Our Work".
- "Environmental Issues — Global Issues".
- John L. Seitz, Kristen A. Hite (2012). Global Issues (4 ed.). Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN 978-0-470-65564-1.
- Richard J. Payne (2012). Global Issues (4th ed.). Pearson. ISBN 978-0205854592.
- Michael T. Snarr, D. Neil Snarr, ed. (2012). Introducing Global Issues (5th ed.). Lynne Rienner Pub. ISBN 978-1588268457.
- Shirley A. Fedorak (2013). Global Issues: A Cross-Cultural Perspective Paperback. ISBN 978-1442605961.
- Global Environmental Politics
- Global Education Magazine