This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
GlobalPlatform is a nonprofit organization that creates and publishes specifications for secure chip technology.
GlobalPlatform members drive the organization through a Board of Directors, an Advisory Council, three technical committees, five strategic task forces (ID, internet-of-things, mobile, premium content, and security) and two regional task forces (China and Japan.) Day-to-day activity is managed by an executive team comprising an executive director, technical director, operations secretariat and compliance secretariat.
The membership collectively creates organizational strategy and defines technical work priorities for the committees and market task forces.
The GlobalPlatform membership combines active representation from diverse sectors closely associated with secure chip technology deployment, including payment, mobile near field communication (NFC), government/ID, transit, healthcare and retail. Sector specific members include payment associations, mobile network operators, public sector organizations and government agencies.
Card specifications versionsEdit
|Name and Version||Publishing Date||Notes|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.3||October 2015||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.2.1||January 2011||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.2||March 2006||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.1.1||March 25, 2003||-|
|GlobalPlatform Card Specification v2.1||June 4, 2001||-|
|Open Platform Card Specification v2.0.1||April 7, 2000||-|
|Open Platform Card Specification v2.0||April 19, 1999||-|
|Earlier versions of the card specification (if any) have so far not been included in the table|
Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) specificationsEdit
In July 2010 GlobalPlatform first announced their own standardisation of the trusted execution environment, focusing first on the client API (the interface to the TEE within the mobile OS) which was expanded later to include the TEE internal API, a Remote Administration framework, a compliance programme and standardised security level.
- [dead link]
- "GlobalPlatform launches Premium Content Task Force". Telecompaper. 2013-09-03. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-11-03. Retrieved 2016-08-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "GlobalPlatform reaches 100 member milestone". The Paypers. 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- GlobalPlatform page
- video channel
- GSMA, "NFC Mobile Network Operator – Service Provider Interface: Business Process Implementation Guidelines using GlobalPlatform Protocols"
- Trusted Computing Group, "TPM MOBILE with GlobalPlatform defined Trusted Execution Environment for Comprehensive Mobile Device Security"