Glendo State Park is a public recreation area surrounding Glendo Reservoir on the North Platte River in Platte and Converse counties in Wyoming in the United States. The state park is located near the town of Glendo, about 20 miles (32 km) southeast of the city of Douglas. The park offers 45 miles (72 km) of mountain bike trails, multiple camping areas totaling more than 500 campsites, plus fishing and other water activities with the reservoir producing several state record-size fish. The park is managed by the Wyoming Division of State Parks and Historic Sites.
|Glendo State Park|
|Location||Glendo, Wyoming, United States|
|Nearest city||Douglas, Wyoming|
|Area||18,382 acres (74.39 km2)|
|Elevation||4,705 ft (1,434 m)|
|Designation||Wyoming state park|
|Administrator||Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails|
|Website||Glendo State Park|
The Glendo dam, power plant and reservoir were constructed between 1954 and 1958. In June 1959, the Wyoming Parks Commission formed a contract with the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation for the administration and development of facilities for recreational purposes at Glendo Reservoir.
In the newsEdit
A total solar eclipse passed directly over the park on Monday, August 21, 2017. The midpoint of totality occurred at 17:46 UTC (local time: 11:46 a.m. MDT), with totality lasting for 2 minutes 28 seconds.
- "Glendo State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- "Table 1. Facilities managed by Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites and Trails" (PDF). SOAR 2021. Wyoming Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources. p. 12. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "Glendo State Park". Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails. State of Wyoming. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "About Glendo State Park". Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails. State of Wyoming. Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "Wyoming's Record Fish". Wyoming Game & Fish Department. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- "Glendo State Park Master Plan and Environmental Assessment" (PDF). Wyoming State Parks and Historic Sites. April 2004. pp. 3, 15. Retrieved March 18, 2020.
- "Path of the Total Solar Eclipse of 2017 Aug 21". NASA. Retrieved March 15, 2015.
- Glendo State Park Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails
- Glendo State Park Brochure Wyoming State Parks, Historic Sites & Trails