Gladys Tejeda at 2015 Pan American Games
|Full name||Gladys Lucy Tejeda Pucuhuaranga|
|Born||September 30, 1985|
Jauja, Junín, Perú
|Height||1.55 m (5 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||46 kg (101 lb)|
|Updated on 22 July 2015.|
In 2013, she finished as champion in the XXXI edition of the Mexico City Marathon with a time of 2:37:35. She finished in third place at Pan-American Games, in Guadalajara, 2011.
In 2015, she won the Marathon Gold Medal in the Pan American Games, setting a new Pan-American record of 2:33:05. A few weeks after the games, Julio César Maglione, president of the Pan American Sports Organization announced that Gladys Tejeda tested positive for doping, which she denied.
On September 10, 2015, she has been stripped of her gold medal by the Committee who said in a statement that Tejeda had tested positive for furosemide, a diuretic on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned list because it is used to mask other drugs. The statement said that Tejeda would be temporarily suspended from international competition.
In 2017, she finished as champion again in the XXXV edition of the Mexico City Marathon with a time of 2:36:16 setting the women's course record for the event.
|2010||South American Half Marathon Championships||Lima, Perú||2nd||Half marathon||1:13:53|
|World Half Marathon Championships||Nanning, China||21st||Half marathon||1:13:46|
|2011||Pan American Games||Guadalajara, México||3rd||Marathon||2:42:09|
|2012||Olympic Games||London, United Kingdom||43rd||Marathon||2:32:07|
|2013||South American Championships||Cartagena, Colombia||2nd||5000 m||16:19.39|
|Bolivarian Games||Trujillo, Perú||1st||Half marathon||1:12:53|
|2014||World Half Marathon Championships||Copenhagen, Denmark||26th||Half marathon||1:11:24|
|2015||Pan American Cross Country Cup||Barranquilla, Colombia||1st||7 km||21:18|
|3rd||Team - 7 km||51 pts|
|World Cross Country Championships||Guiyang, China||21st||8 km||28:22|
|2016||World Half Marathon Championships||Cardiff, United Kingdom||9th||Half marathon||1:10:14|
|Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||15th||Marathon||2:29:55|
- Biography - TEJEDA Gladys Lucy (in Spanish), retrieved June 12, 2014
- Listado Oficial de Atletas Participantes - Gladys Lucy Tejeda Pucuhuaranga (in Spanish), retrieved June 12, 2014
- London 2012 site Archived 2012-07-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Staff (16 July 2012). "Atleta Gladys Tejeda será la abanderada de Perú en Londres 2012" [Athlete Gladys Tejeda Will Be Peru's Flag Bearer in London 2012]. Radio Programas del Perú (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-08-25. Retrieved 2015-08-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Maratón de Río 2016: Gladys Tejeda logró histórico puesto 15. El Comercio (in Spanish)
- "Games: Tejeda grabs gold for Peru with win in women's marathon". Reuters. 27 July 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2019.