Giuseppe Rinaldi (14 September 1919 – 15 December 2007) was an Italian actor. He was considered to be among the most important figures in Italian voice dubbing.
|Born||14 September 1919|
|Died||15 December 2007 (aged 88)|
|Spouse(s)||Marina Dolfin (m. ?-?)|
Maria-Pia Casilio (m. ?-2007)
|Children||2 (including Antonella Rinaldi)|
Rinaldi appeared in over 22 films between 1939 and 1982. During his time, he was considered of be one of the most greatest and influential actors and dubbers in Italy. He was the official Italian voice of Marlon Brando, Jack Lemmon, Rock Hudson and Paul Newman. Other actors Rinaldi occasionally dubbed included Peter Sellers, Van Johnson, Frank Sinatra, Glenn Ford, David Tomlinson, Richard Burton, George Peppard, Burt Lancaster, Charles Bronson, Kirk Douglas, Gregory Peck, Roger Moore, Jeffrey Hunter, Max von Sydow, James Dean, Peter O'Toole, William Holden, Christopher Plummer, Michael Caine and Charlton Heston.
In Rinaldi's animated film roles, he voiced Pongo in the Italian dub of the 1961 animated film One Hundred and One Dalmatians as well as Prince Charming in the Italian version of Cinderella. Other animated dubbing roles included Jim Dear in Lady and the Tramp, The Great Prince of the Forest in the 1968 redub of Bambi and Dallben in The Black Cauldron.
Rinaldi was once married to actress Marina Dolfin. They had two children together; Massimo and Antonella. From his second marriage to actress Maria-Pia Casilio, they had one daughter; Francesca. All three of his children are voice actors.
Rinaldi died on 15 December 2007 at the age of 88. He had retired from his career 10 years earlier.
- Department Store (1939)
- The First Woman Who Passes (1940)
- Then We'll Get a Divorce (1940)
- The Cavalier from Kruja (1940)
- The Man on the Street (1941)
- The Prisoner of Santa Cruz (1941)
- Forbidden Music (1942)
- Disturbance (1942)
- Farewell Love! (1943)
- Romulus and the Sabines (1945)
- Immigrants (1948)
- Night Taxi (1950)
- A Pocketful of Chestnuts (1970)
- "Giuseppe Rinaldi's dubbing contributions". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Cronologia fondamentale dell'epoca d'oro del doppiaggio italiano Dagli albori agli anni 1970 (in Italian)
- "Dubbing". Archived from the original on 1 November 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2008.
- "È scomparso Peppino Rinaldi, uno dei più grandi doppiatori italiani". Antoniogenna.net. 15 December 2007. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "One Hundred and One Dalmatians Italian voice cast". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Cinderella Italian voice cast". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Lady and the Tramp Italian voice cast". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "The Black Cauldron Italian voice cast". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Bambi Italian voice cast". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Peter Pan Italian voice cast". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- "Alakazam the Great Italian voice cast". Antoniogenna.net. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
Media related to Giuseppe Rinaldi at Wikimedia Commons