Gilles Poitras (born in Quebec) is an author of books relating to anime and manga, topics that he first discovered in 1977. He is a librarian at Golden Gate University in San Francisco, California. In addition to the books he has authored, Poitras also regularly contributed columns to Newtype USA, a former monthly magazine which covered anime and manga industry and related popular culture.
Poitras has two Masters degrees, a Library Science Masters from the University of California at Berkeley and a Masters in Theology from Pacific School of Religion in Berkeley.
Listed chronologically with the oldest at the top.
- The Anime Companion: What's Japanese in Japanese Animation (1 September 1999, Stone Bridge Press, ISBN 1-880656-32-9)
- Anime Essentials: Every Thing a Fan Needs to Know (1 December 2000, Stone Bridge Press, ISBN 1-880656-53-1)
- The Anime Companion 2: More What's Japanese In Japanese Animation? (30 September 2005, Stone Bridge Press, ISBN 1-880656-96-5)
- "Gilles Poitras". www.stonebridge.com. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- "FanimeCon - Day One - Gilles Poitras". Archived from the original on 2007-08-05. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- "Gilles Poitras - Anime Convention Personality of the Week". A Fan's View of Anime Conventions. 2000-08-20. Archived from the original on 2007-08-07. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- "Gilles Poitras (I)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- "Information on Gilles Poitras". Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- "Gilles Poitras". World Fandom. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
|This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a Canadian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Canadian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|